Ugly as Hell (Part 2)

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Swamp

Supporter
Supporting member
Reaction score
So here is the Knight Original DISC I picked up a couple weeks ago at the local gun show. As I stated in my previous post, this rifle was completely spray painted while it was assembled. It was a real mess! But, it cleaned up very nicely! The Vortex Scope, Warne Bases & Rings are all new, as well at the New Mountaineer Bolt Body. I painted the stock using a method I've done on a few rifles. Cannot wait to get it on the range and start working on load development.
DISC16.jpgDISC15.jpgDISC8.jpgDISC14.jpgDISC12.jpgDISC13.jpgDISC10.jpgDISC11.jpg

So here is the Knight Original DISC I picked up a couple weeks ago at the local gun show. As I stated in my previous post, this rifle was completely spray painted while it was assembled. It was a real mess! But, it cleaned up very nicely! The Vortex Scope, Warne Bases & Rings are all new, as well at the New Mountaineer Bolt Body. I painted the stock using a method I've done on a few rifles. Cannot wait to get it on the range and start working on load development.
View attachment 31845View attachment 31846View attachment 31848View attachment 31849View attachment 31850View attachment 31851View attachment 31852View attachment 31853
It looks damn good all cleaned up now. Well done.

View attachment 31845View attachment 31846View attachment 31848View attachment 31849View attachment 31850View attachment 31851View attachment 31852View attachment 31853
Well done looks great!!!!/Ed

I like the stock. I'd love to know how you do it.

Its really easy to do. Its not my idea as many have done this. Do a Youtube search on "Painting a Rifle Stock with a Sponge". I could do a tutorial on how to do this method of painting a stock. Most who do this method are wanting a "Camo" pattern on their stocks. I am making this rifle my target rifle and wanted a more speckled look to it, so there is a little more to it.

Last edited:
I may have missed it, were you going to return the bare primer bolt kit for the fpj bolt kit? To use the lehigh adapter, or are you staying with the Knight bare primer setup?

I'm trying to return it and I'm in email battle with Sportsmans as they are saying the Bare Primer kit is on clearance, which is clearly is not. I paid the full price for it.

So in the mean time, I ordered the Mountaineer FPJ Kit and I'm waiting for it to arrive. If Sportsmans refuses to return the item, I will put this kit up for sale here and will not buy from them again.

Back