eLite

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GM54-120

Administrator
Staff member
ADMIN
Global Moderator
Supporting member
Reaction score
Came close to hitting my sub 8lb mark. Total weight is 3755grams or 8.28lbs

Elite stock
Ultra Light 45 1-20 barrel kit with ramrod
UL bare primer bolt assembly
Knight "competition" trigger...same trigger as Knight used in the Extreme 45 Target model
Lehigh rail
Contessa Light Weight rings
Vortex DiamondBack HP 3-12x42

I could shave off about 3oz with a change to the 3-9x42 Big Sky and Vortex Pro rings or over 5oz if i used my old Redfield 2-7x32. Probably have the stock dipped in a faux carbon fiber pattern and clear coated if i find a good local place to do it.
cpqhv4X.jpg

cgNMQEb.jpg

I wanted this build just to shoot a few specific loads. Basically light to mid weight conicals with light to moderate powder charges. It will never be shot past 150 yards. I already have something similar in 54cal and 50cal but a lighter 45cal has been on my wanted list for ages.

Lehigh rail is no longer made. Contessa Light Weight lows are rather tall for lows. .815" tall iirc. On my rails all you need is about .750" tall rings to clear. Vortex Pro 1" low are .750...i think...thats what i got on my Sightron and Murphy rail. The 42mm obj fits fine.

BTW those rings ONLY fit true picatinny rails. They have 2 recoil lugs. Picatinny and Weaver slot spacing are not the same.

Show us a photo. :lewis: Of the complete rig (rifle)
Edited : thanks for adding the photos.

Last edited:
My NULA 50 and Razor 2-10x40 is 7.64lbs ready to hunt and i think my 54-120 is almost 7lbs even with a 2-7x32. Need to pull it out to confirm. I could pull the Razor HD LH off the NULA if i really wanted. The Sightron would be just fine there instead. A 16oz 2-10x40 in my Vortex low rings should get me right at 8lbs and i could live with that. I wont save much weight but the magnification range is exactly what i like. Plus the glass is quite a bit better too.

That laminate stock isnt inlet yet for the Elite type recoil lug. Its on my DISC 45. I would love to use it though because im certain its lighter and it would come in under 8lbs then.

Nice! :lewis:
Yeah you could shave some weight in several areas.
Scope, rings, base, and stock. Probably get close to your NULA.

I wonder what that exact setup with a ULite stock would weigh?

What did the barrel kit come with? And what did you have to find?

You have me thinking... LOL

Nice rig - I need a knight one of these days. Wish the barrel kits were a little cheaper, a friend of mine has an older disc ive been contemplating do a conversion on

What did the barrel kit come with? And what did you have to find?
Barrel
Ramrod
Ramrod ferrule
Sights (you can buy it without also)
Quick release pin

I supplied the rest but i did buy the bolt internals a few months ago from Knight. I wanted it all SS instead of the black and SS.

If you really want to go light look at an original flat side Contender with a .45 muzzleloader barrel on it. Couldn't ask for more compact, lightweight setup.

Back