Unusual catch

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jotjackson1

Reaction score
Today I set the hook on a good bass. After getting it in the boat (7lbs) I noticed it had a snake in its mouth. I have heard and seen pics of this before but never experienced it. Turned out to be a 6" cotton mouth. The fish ate the snake head first with about 3"in his gut. Strange, caught plenty with shad or bluegill in their stomachs but never a snake. Wished I had taken a picture of it. 

Stay safe

Jerry

That's a real nice-sized bass for your part of Ala. :Red tup: 

I've never seen a fish eat a snake either. However, I shot a cottonmouth with my .22 pistol while fishing and it gave birth to 6 miniature cottonmouths while writhing on the bank. I killed them too.
When I got back to camp, one of the other club members chided me for wasting "the best da-ned bass bait there is."

I am part of a club of 8 guys who lease a private lake and manage it for trophy bass. We utilize the "catch and release" of any bass over 3lbs. We have a fisheries biologist who oversees the operation of the lake and he knows what he is doing.  I have caught several bass over 8lbs. My largest weighed 11lbs. We also have a large population of bluegill. Bass love them and it makes for a great afternoon of fishing with my grandchildren. They hunt and fish with me every chance we get. Life is good in Alabama.

Latest posts

Back