Upgrades for an older Knight DISC Extreme

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello, I have an older Knight DISC Extreme and I'm going to use it for Mule Deer in Utah. Any suggestions for upgrades to this gun? Custom breech plug? Would like to reach out to 200 yards if possible. What if anything besides experimenting with powder charges and bullet weights can I do to this gun for the best accuracy possible. Thanks Weldo

Try different powders using different charges and bullets. Not just different bullet weights of the same bullet, but different brands of bullets. If the gun uses 209 primers, sometimes changing primers can lead to better accuracy or worse accuracy. Sometimes different sabots can switch things up, like switching from a plain smooth sabot to a crushrib.

Keep a notebook and good notes. Little things can sometimes make big changes and it would be a shame to forget a good change.

Probably the best thing you can do is shoot the load you settle on a lot and at different distances so you and your gun work as one without having to question anything. Hunting with a gun you are totally confident in is 95% of the battle.

In order to answer the question about upgrades, we would need to know how the gun is set up now.
What breech plug does it have now? what are you using for ignition? What powder can you get to use in your gun?
Best of luck this fall!

Back