USPS Money order

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Any experiences with a presumed lost USPS money order? I purchased an mailed one out 4/28/22 and so far it hasn't been delivered. The tracking shows it was purchased, but not cashed. This is a first for me....I've used them many times in the past with not one problem till now.

I'd give it more time to get delivered.
I made a deal with a guy in New Hampshire back in January. He sent me a money order and it took almost 4 weeks to arrive here in Oklahoma.
Funny thing though, when I shipped the item he bought from me, it only took 3 days to get to him. Go figure?

I'd give it more time to get delivered.
I made a deal with a guy in New Hampshire back in January. He sent me a money order and it took almost 4 weeks to arrive here in Oklahoma.
Funny thing though, when I shipped the item he bought from me, it only took 3 days to get to him. Go figure?
Almost the same thing here. I ordered bullets and mailed the check that day. Bullets arrived in 3 days and it took almost 2 weeks for the check to get there.
We live in a different world now..............

Here is a USPS service that did work for me. Agreed with a seller on a price for a item and He really really "suggested" me sending the funds via "Zelle" and even sent a link how it works to me. After I visited my banks site and looked into how "Zelle" works with my bank I elected not to use it as Zelle gets linked to my bank accounts and because of this i just sent a USPS money order with "conformation tracking" in the mail. I immediately sent him a e-mail stating that the money was on the way and then he immediately responded that he would not accept that method of payment. At this point I smelled a RAT and went to the post office that next day and requested a "Retrieval" of said money order. It intecepted my money order at his post office the day it would of been "out for delivery" and was returned to me. No Harm No Foul--but like I said I smelled a RAT and learned something new in the process.

I just ask them to wrap or I just wrap the bills in a piece of paper and send it through common mail. Never a problem. I have recieved a few checks because the sender wanted to do that. No sweat. I would likely be more cautious with a new member but for members with some history here I have no concerns.

Like all before have said allow more time. Lately the USPS had become so slow 30 days is common. If not wrong I understand it will also cost like $12-13 to get a refund. Sending certified/priority seems to also slow stuff to additional crawl. Makes me barf they want $180 for 1 year smallest box rent and offer such terrible service here. Remember in November.

Like all before have said allow more time. Lately the USPS had become so slow 30 days is common. If not wrong I understand it will also cost like $12-13 to get a refund. Sending certified/priority seems to also slow stuff to additional crawl. Makes me barf they want $180 for 1 year smallest box rent and offer such terrible service here. Remember in November.

I ship a LOT, and other than the first year of the plague, USPS has been good for me. Priority mail, in my zone, has been two or three days, out of zone, three or four. First class mail is no longer USPS money maker. Priority and contract mail move better. Try FEDEX or UPS for your first class letter and see what it cost, and when that letter gets there, guess who will be delivering it. USPS. I know that USPS is far from perfect, but the last thing you want is your mail in private hands with no competition.

I ship a LOT, and other than the first year of the plague, USPS has been good for me. Priority mail, in my zone, has been two or three days, out of zone, three or four. First class mail is no longer USPS money maker. Priority and contract mail move better. Try FEDEX or UPS for your first class letter and see what it cost, and when that letter gets there, guess who will be delivering it. USPS. I know that USPS is far from perfect, but the last thing you want is your mail in private hands with no competition.
100% I could not agree more!

Note: it’s not my intent for this to be a “political“ post. It is intended to be objective…

I’m just curious- what good will it do, to “Remember in November?”

My understanding is that the Postmaster General does not simply serve at the pleasure of the President.

Read up on the “USPS Board of Governors,” for more more fascinating info... 😆

The current Postmaster General, appointed under the previous President, could be here for a while.

Last edited:
A few years ago the forums were big on USPS MO, the thought being if the seller did not ship an item purchased with USPS MO it would be mail fraud and the postal inspectors would go after them. Does anyone have experience either way or is this just forum folklore?
Repeat the story enough to become the "truth"

A few years ago the forums were big on USPS MO, the thought being if the seller did not ship an item purchased with USPS MO it would be mail fraud and the postal inspectors would go after them. Does anyone have experience either way or is this just forum folklore?
Repeat the story enough to become the "truth"
Around forty years ago I had paid for the lead hardness tester. After two months with no replies I had contacted the US Post Office postal inspectors. I then received a full refund within a week. I guess the seller didn’t appreciate the Postal Inspector paying him a visit.

I’ve been told by USPS locals that the Philadelphia USPS sorting facility is ,,,,, in so many words or less a “ cluster - - --”. Not a favorable remark.
I haven’t had the extreme late or lost deliveries like we experienced two~ three years ago.
Personally I don’t mind a personal check for payment. Wait to clear.
Get lost? Just cancel the check. ( i incur no charge by my banks for this)
I do use PP. Unfavorable with some of their conditions but has always worked for me.
Toytruck, Hope it clears up sooner than later. Late or lost mail,,,,,PIA.

It very well could have gone through Philadelphia! Glad to say it did arrive, took 12 days instead of the four it should have.
I didn't have a problem with personal checks either, but won't be using them through the mail any longer! Except to pay bills... :lewis:

Back