USPS Money order

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Better rethink the bill paying. I got hit with a late charge due to the mail. I thought ten days was enough time, but I was wrong. That was shooting money flushed down the toilet.

Right now I am waiting on a check mailed from Boise 4/28. Boise is less than 300 miles from here.

Better rethink the bill paying. I got hit with a late charge due to the mail. I thought ten days was enough time, but I was wrong. That was shooting money flushed down the toilet.

Right now I am waiting on a check mailed from Boise 4/28. Boise is less than 300 miles from here.
I agree. USPS has slowed to point of 3rd world. Even priority and certified now has resulted in 2-3 week delivery time. Either companies will have to extend grace periods or payment methods will have to change. We used bill pay and automatic payments all with CC's to stay safe. I understand from our tax guys they do not recommend mailing stuff to IRS and such. Scammers and deadbeats are becoming aware of the mail situation and using the "checks in the mail" excuse to the max. Remember in November.

The store shipped a $9K pistol registered mail from Idaho to California. It left here two weeks ago, and as of yesterday afternoon it had not arrived.

The store shipped a $9K pistol registered mail from Idaho to California. It left here two weeks ago, and as of yesterday afternoon it had not arrived.
Registered mail takes forever because it travels with a sheet and every single person that touches it along the way has to sign for it. I use registered mail when I send gold scrap to the refiner because it’s the safest way, but you could walk it there faster.
There’s nothing new about that, it’s always been slow. You’re paying for security, not speed.

I ordered a set of Warne medium permanent ring's on 4/18 delivery to be 4/20 from Amazon. Tracking shows they were picked up in NJ. Still haven't gotten them!
I cancelled that order and reordered. They arrived on time two days later. Go figure....

I ordered a set of Warne medium permanent ring's on 4/18 delivery to be 4/20 from Amazon. Tracking shows they were picked up in NJ. Still haven't gotten them!
I cancelled that order and reordered. They arrived on time two days later. Go figure....
That’s what I meant earlier when I said it wasn’t predictable, it’s all over the place. If it just took a couple days longer you could allow for it.

I have been shipping pistols by registered mail for many years. It is slow but secure. The problem with this shipment is that it was signed out of one location, and it has not been signed into the next one in over a week.

Any experiences with a presumed lost USPS money order? I purchased an mailed one out 4/28/22 and so far it hasn't been delivered. The tracking shows it was purchased, but not cashed. This is a first for me....I've used them many times in the past with not one problem till now.
Its happened to me before just go into the post office with the m.o. stub and recipt and fill out paperwork if u have it its gonna take 30 days to get it back

I agree. USPS has slowed to point of 3rd world. Even priority and certified now has resulted in 2-3 week delivery time. Either companies will have to extend grace periods or payment methods will have to change. We used bill pay and automatic payments all with CC's to stay safe. I understand from our tax guys they do not recommend mailing stuff to IRS and such. Scammers and deadbeats are becoming aware of the mail situation and using the "checks in the mail" excuse to the max. Remember in November.
We dont get to vote for the postmaster or postmaster general. So what are we supposed to remember, that trump appointed this guy?

Howdy gents, another thing to remember is that sometimes a letter or package can miss being scanned. That happened with me a while back. I mailed a postal money order to a fellow for an item he had for sale, sending it via certified mail, with tracking (supposedly). I tracked my letter to within 40 miles of his house (on the east coast, I'm in the central US) and the tracking just stopped cold. I checked every day for a week and finally initiated a trace on the letter. A day later the item I had paid for showed up in the mail, and two days after that I got a notice saying my letter had been delivered just the day before. How's that for someone being right on top of things?

I too notice that the USPS is probably losing ground, and I for one believe that it should be supported with taxpayer dollars and not be committed that it has to operate entirely on its own. I live in the middle of Montana Where mail service is very badly needed and we have a good postmaster but they only allow the post office to be open from 8:30 AM to 3 PM. Then there's UPS station, and is not a full drop off by no means, And it's 30 miles away. Now I have a good deal worked out with UPS driver, who I know personally, will pick up a package that I have to return if it is in my screen door, but this replies to ones that are already Prepaid. It gets more fun if I want to use it and paid the fee. FedEx comes from 91 miles away. I know some of the drivers, but I'm never tried to put packages on. If it wasn't for USPS we would be just like pony express days.
Squint

FYI, the so called" forever" stamps are going up to $ .60 in July. Along with other services that will have a price increase.
The USPS is cheaper than most any other mail service around the world. When you can send a letter etc for .60 anywhere in the Continental USA, that is actually pretty impressive. From the Fla Keys to Portland? that's a long way. IMHO

toytruck, I'm sorry , I see your point. I worked at the post office and when they started the "forever" stamp I saw people literally buy 100's of them at a time.

toytruck, I'm sorry , I see your point. I worked at the post office and when they started the "forever" stamp I saw people literally buy 100's of them at a time.
No worries! We buy an like the forever stamps also. Just letting folks know they are going up in price, like everything else.

Latest posts

Back