V2 45CAL SABOTLESS

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GregK1

Reaction score
I found my load for my V2 today. After a lot of thinking & opinions from others I decided to try the PT Gold 260 grain sabotless on top of 90 grains of BH209. Here's what I got with 5 shots.

2012-09-14135909.jpg

I am VERY HAPPY :D :D :D :D

Awesome!! looks like you found a great combination :sunny: Whitetails beware when you hit the woods lol

Thanks guys.......I just hope we have some whitetails left!

Greg, I knew you could fine one sooner or later :D Great shooting you did there. I will be waiting to see how they do with out the wads, but if they don't do as good, just do like I do and super glue the wad to the bottom of the bullet, just make sure they are centered. Great shooting. :twisted:
Carlos

That is a great idea Carlos! I guess it was just too simple for me to think of :lol!: If you remember I got good groups with the 240's as well, but I feel like the 260's just fit the bore a bit better. I also tried the 300's & got a 2 inch 3 shot group. Plus.....I can get all the 260's I need from you. I'll let you know how they shoot without the wads.

I'm looking forward to deer hunting with this load!

You got me into the sabotless shooting so I owe you a big thanks, so......THANKS!!!

90Grs. BlkHrn?? I thought 84 grs. was the max charge by weight.

JCORD said:
90Grs. BlkHrn?? I thought 84 grs. was the max charge by weight.
I don't see where he mentioned 90 grains "by weight" so one is to assume he is talking about by volume. Unless of course he went by weight but did not mention it.

:cheers:

Great shootin' GregK :!: :!: Thats one hell of a group at 100 yards........
Good Luck and Good Huntin' :!:

Ray......... ;)

When it comes to firearms I do not assume anything. Reason I asked.

:face: Simply inspirational shooting. Looks like a 260 grain bullet is a "sweet" weight in your .45...not too big and certainly not too small. I will keep that sabotless bullet in mind for my Apex. ( I could not get the 275 grain Powerbelts to group with BH209, so I splurged and bought some Barnes 275 Gr. XPB's... but have not tried those shiny projectiles yet :bounce: .).

JCORD said:
When it comes to firearms I do not assume anything. Reason I asked.
X2 :!:.

I'm finding out that many forum members here weigh their powder loads vs. volume measuring, but are usually very good with specifying that the powder was weighed. Unless specified, I assme that the powder was measured by volume.

Inline......the 260's are great in this gun! Made me very happy :) You'll love the 275 Barnes. You can't go wrong with anything Barnes! My Apex & my Optima love the 44cal 225 XPB in a smooth green sabot.

Also, you are very correct, unless it's mentioned most guys go by volume, but either way is good & I don't want to mislead anyone.

Inline i only use fullbore lead in my .50 rifles with 330 gr being the lightest and 425gr the norm and with the .54 i like 450gr bullets .

Spitfire said:
Inline i only use fullbore lead in my .50 rifles with 330 gr being the lightest and 425gr the norm and with the .54 i like 450gr bullets .
Not surprised. The game you can hunt down there are big compared to our deer family. I'd be launchin' a big slug too when it comes to Africa game. :lol:

Latest posts

Back