VA Season off to good start!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bomtek44

Reaction score
Worked Saturday and got off about 4:15 PM. Threw on my bibs, grabbed my Disc Elite and headed for one of my ladder stands. Settled in about 4:30. A beautiful bluebird afternoon. Enjoyed the sunshine, and waited for the magic time. At 5:39 PM, out of the pine thicket and into the broom-sage below me walked a very nice tall racked buck with light colored antlers glinting in the sunshine. No need to look with my Leupold binoculars.....up go the scope covers and off goes the safety......on the way is a 200 grain Shockwave in front of 110 grains of Triple 7. The 90 yard flight is over quickly. The slightly quartering to me shot breaks the near side shoulder. He stumbles 30 yards and falls beneath the ancient hickory standing at the edge of the pasture. I admire the beauty of the buck and take his pretty 8 point rack in my hands....A wonderful afternoon!

DSC02928.jpg

Thanks,

bomtek44

bomtek44

Holy Hawkeye!!! WOW - that is a nice animal! Nice looking rifle also... Congratulations on your success! I am hoping for such good fortune.

Congratulations on a great buck! Kentucky's gun opener is this Saturday.

Be blessed!

Deer

Really nice deer! Shot an antelope not long ago quarting away sharply and useing the 200 gr sst and 120 gr of BH209 and the bullet appeared to open a little prematurly. Large entry maby due to the angle. Bullet continued on and hamburgered heart lungs. Looks like it did heck of a good job for you. Thats a beautiful critter , nice slick coat.

Latest posts

Back