Velocities of 3F Goex Pinnacle

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SwampFox

Reaction score
Hi, how does the Velocities of Goex Pinnacle 3F Compare to the rest of the Subitute Powders, like is it slower are faster compare to any of the others
thanks

I tried it, I still have some laying around here some place if I have not thrown it out. The velocity is similar to pyrodex it is not quite as dirty as pyrodex and for me the only guns it shot really well in was my Traditional rifles it just would not give me the groups I am used to in my inlines. Lee

I shot a lot of Pinnacle 3f and wish I could get my hands on more without the hazmat fee. It shot well in my inlines with light bullets. It also shot real well in my traditional rifles. And it shines in my black powder revolvers. You can shoot them all day.

I think it is around the velocity of Pyrodex but there is no way for me to test that. I really seldom worry about what the velocity of a load it. If I have a good strong powder charge and excellent accuracy, I always figure the bullet and shot placement will do the rest.

cayuga
How light a bullet did you get it to shoot with? I tried the 250gr, SW, GD and XTP and while I got it to group I always seemed to end up with between 1.5 and 2 inches. That's usable for some things but don/t compare to well to 777 or BH. It did shoot well in the Ruger black powder. Lee

Have no idea what the velocity of any of my loads are. They are accurate and get the job done when i do my job. IMO: 3F Pinnacle is probably a little more powerful than Pyrodex. i use Pinnacle almost exclusively. Here is some testing that Toby Bridges ran:

http://www.gunweek.com/2006/feature0110.html

Pinnacle likes a very tight fitting sabot that is seated very hard on the powder: You can feel the powder compress, especially the 2F. i could never get good accuracy with easy to load sabots, especially the super
glides.

My CVA StagHorn will often make three bullet holes touch at 100 yards using 100 grains of 2F Pinnacle and the 240 grain XTP in the Knight sabot and a Winc. shotgun primer. My Encore is not that accurate with that load.

ill make

Lee 9 said:
cayuga
How light a bullet did you get it to shoot with? I tried the 250gr, SW, GD and XTP and while I got it to group I always seemed to end up with between 1.5 and 2 inches. That's usable for some things but don/t compare to well to 777 or BH. It did shoot well in the Ruger black powder. Lee

Out of my Knight Wolverine LK-II with 80 grains and a 240 grain XTP in a crushed rib sabot, I was doing real good. At 100 yards I was holding a 3+ inch group. And for me that's pretty good. At closer distances, much better groups. After I got a different scope they groups got even better.

In my Black Diamond XR I was shooting 100 grains of P3 and with a 250 grain Shockwave it was doing a real good job. But, I kept getting a flier for some reason. I'd have a great group going and then out of no where it would be five inches out of the group. It was frustrating. So I blamed myself. As almost immediately the groups were back. And I was with a scope shooting about a 2.5 inch group at 100 yards most of the time.

Thanks guy's for yall's replys on this matter.I am looking for a new to me powder that might fill BM3 shoes.While i love BM3,i am afraid they will just up and take it away again.I want to try and use this Pinnacle Powder in my Rem700Ml with a 24" barrel.Not going back to 777 or Pryo,time to look ahead and BH209 has problems it seams in that gun without a Seal Breech
Also it look like Goex3f pinnacle migjht be my best bet

Latest posts

Back