2F vs. 3f

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bowanna

Stupidity knows no bounds but knows many people!
Supporting member
Reaction score
Finally found a bottle of Triple 7 3Fg the other day and have read that 3Fg is comparable to bh209.
Currently I'm using 90 grain by volume of T-7 2Fg, how much 3F would be equivalent to 90 grains of 2F?

First thing, what are you shooting it in?

I would think drop back about 10-15% and work you way back up to an acceptable load. I personally would start at 75g and work from there.
Right now in my Traditions Pursuit and soon in my Buckstalker I just received yesterday.

Which would be better out of my Accura V2 Lr with a 240grn hornady xtp? 2f or 3f? I'm also going to try some 300grn xtp out of it.

They say that 10 gr less 3 f will equal 10 gr higher 2 f. Example your 90 2 f is = to 80 gr 3 f
That's true (when discussing loose powder comparisons, including powders like real black and Pyrodex).

But when discussing moving from 777 pellets to 777 FFF loose powder, keep in mind that two 50gr pellets of 777 does not equal 100gr 777 FF loose powder.... and surely not the more potent FFF loose powder. Pellet-powder of 777-variety is (just a tad) weaker than loose powder of the same volumemetric number abd even more-so when discussing a purchase of 777 FFF loose powder..

Someone here inside this thread mentioned starting with 75gr 777 FFF. That volume number may turn out to be dead nuts correct (in most cases)

Back