Venisoneater on the move

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rifleman

Reaction score
Jim called me last night, he was in Indiana headed to Iowa for the late MZ deer season. He was about 4 hrs away. I think he was looking for a chance to get some of Mrs. Riflemans pie but he was too far north to make it. He is supposed to come back through this weekend. I told him if he came back on I-70 he would be in the neighborhood and stop by for some Pie. Hopefully he will get a big shooter.

He need's to get on I72 in Illinois then get off on 36 in Decatur. It run's right through Montezuma. I stopped at the gas station passing through a little over a year ago.

Boy, I wish him luck. I've been hearing all my friends gripe about not seeing any bucks. The weather is warm and the bucks are waiting until well after dark to hit the fields to eat. There might be some snow in the western part of the state but not here in the SE. A person might have to make their own luck with some still hunting.

Patrick when you were at our one and only gas station you were all of 3 blocks from my house. Sorry I missed you.

No problem at all on early, I am a shift worker so I am up at all time of day or night. Next time your in town give me a buzz.

Maybe Jimmy all ready has one on the ground by now! 8)

I was in Cedar Rapids last Wendsday. Unfortunately I was gone by Thursday... But, man, I have to say...those giant fields looked awesome!!

Can't wait to hear Jim's report...

JC

Latest posts

Back