Viewing The Bore

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
two years ago i picked up a teslong borescope for 40 some bucks. it works like a camera and shows the picture on your computer. you can take a screen shot to save or show to people. it probably cost twice that now but if you have any desire what so ever to see what is in your bores it is worth it.

I did the battery thing and was pleasantly surprised to see it was at least shiny! I was thinking it would be totally dark and rusty down there. I'll do some more scrubbing and hopefully get out to shoot it soon. I'll let you know how that goes.

two years ago i picked up a teslong borescope for 40 some bucks. it works like a camera and shows the picture on your computer. you can take a screen shot to save or show to people. it probably cost twice that now but if you have any desire what so ever to see what is in your bores it is worth it.
Yeah i bought one of the Teslongs but mine quit working completely right after the warranty ran out. It had great picture right up til it failed. I went back to my trusty old SnapOn pocket sized model with a tiny 2” screen, that cost way too much $.

Yeah, I considered that borescope - but it’s not as highly rated as the Teslong, it doesn’t come with morrors and it’s tough to decipher from the advertising what the size of the camera is (can it be used in small calibers?). Appears to be more of an inspection camera not really a borescope.

Anyone have one?

Yeah, I considered that borescope - but it’s not as highly rated as the Teslong, it doesn’t come with morrors and it’s tough to decipher from the advertising what the size of the camera is (can it be used in small calibers?). Appears to be more of an inspection camera not really a borescope.

Anyone have one?
It said 9mm i believe. So it may not work in .35 caliber but should be fine in .40 or larger.
Being a Klein Tools scope it should be reliable and have a decent warranty and support.

I recently bought a bore light made by Traditions. It works great for looking down the barrel.

I have also have a Teslong bore scope that is way too powerful to get a good idea of the condition of the bore.

wow, that’s a pile of patches..i did the Idaho Lewis trick, ground the teeth off a hole saw, and sharpened it with a file. I use old white tee shirts folded up in layers to cut through.. you can make a huge pile of patches for nothing in no time….

wow, that’s a pile of patches..i did the Idaho Lewis trick, ground the teeth off a hole saw, and sharpened it with a file. I use old white tee shirts folded up in layers to cut through.. you can make a huge pile of patches for nothing in no time….
Yessir! Started cutting my own with a rotary cutter after that! Never heard of doing it with a hole saw but sounds like it works well!

Works like a charm. Best part is when the teeth are wore out you usually discard them. I chuck it up in my drill motor, take a bastard file and start putting the bevel on it. Place folded tee shirt on cutting board and in about 3 seconds you have some shooting patches. I also have one for my .54 cal Lyman for which i use .018 drill material from Joannes fabric for shooting patches…

Back