Wad or no wad?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark_Wazzu

Reaction score
Sorry if this is a repeat question. I just picked up a White 97 .504. I'm shooting No Excuses 460s with Pyrodex or 777 3f. Do you guys use wads, and if so, which ones do you recommend? Thanks!

I tried wads in my Whites and one them it made a big difference in accuracy the others not enough to matter. I dont shoot over 75gr of powder in any of them though.

I don't use wads in my two Whites because on one gun it was less accurate and the other made no difference and wads are just another link that can go wrong. I never go over 70grs of powder T7/fff when using my 465gr bullets and 80grs when shooting sabots 240gr bullets.

For the guys that noticed a difference in accuracy, are you using a hotter load? 100 grains and up on powder? It seems like the guys that state they do not notice a difference also said they were not shooting at the upper end of the spectrum. Is there a correlation?

Yep I use a wad over 110 grains of powder,460gr Bullshop , Bullet is .5045 not 504 they can and do fall out.

Back