Walleyes

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Redclub

Reaction score
The walleye fishing here in central Wi. has been fantastic for eater size fish (15 to19") trouble is the channel cats are also biting and sometimes it takes quite awhile to land them, all the time this is good walleye fishing?
Do any of you eat those cats? They are about 5 to 10#. Eye's only bite for an hour or two very early mornings landing those cats can take most of the good hours.
Ken

Redclub said:
The walleye fishing here in central Wi. has been fantastic for eater size fish (15 to19") trouble is the channel cats are also biting and sometimes it takes quite awhile to land them, all the time this is good walleye fishing?
Do any of you eat those cats? They are about 5 to 10#. Eye's only bite for an hour or two very early mornings landing those cats can take most of the good hours.
Ken

Those 5-10 pound channels are outstanding!!! I normally get several trips in a year just for channel cats & not cause they're purdy! :lol:

Do any of you eat those cats?

Man I LOVE catfish! It is AWESOME! But...I will say I generally like 'em in the 1.5 to 3 lb range... Man I'm getting HUNGRY! You can either filet them or the smaller ones...we'll skin them and fry them whole(gut them and cut the heads off of course). The filets are also great BLACKENED![/quote]

Back