Warne Bases/QD Rings

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skamaniac

Reaction score
I just mounted a vari x II 3-9x50 on my new Super91 with Warne bases and medium QD rings. A little tough to pull back the hammer, not much room with my big hands/fat fingers. Was thinking maybe should have gone with the high mounts. How much more room would that give me?

skamaniac said:
I just mounted a vari x II 3-9x50 on my new Super91 with Warne bases and medium QD rings. A little tough to pull back the hammer, not much room with my big hands/fat fingers. Was thinking maybe should have gone with the high mounts. How much more room would that give me?

BINGO! You've hit on the EXACT reason I like the White 97 over the 91/98s! My little 97s...this is absolutely no issue at ALL! That's why JJ has two 91s! ...But he LOVES 'em!

Hammer

I pretty much have the same problem with my Encore (can't find a hammer extension that works well), just something that i have learned to put up with, but i was thinking the higher rings might aleviate this problem on the S91, i just don't know how much extra room it will give me. If it's not enough, i would rather keep my scope mounted as low as possible. I'm going to put a peep on it eventually. That is as soon i have cataract surgery this coming winter. Anyone with poor eyesight ever try the Ghost Rings?

skamaniac said:
How much more room would that give me?

Warne 1" Maxima Quick-Detachable Medium Scope Rings = .375" (measured from base of ring to bottom of scope tube)

Warne 1" Maxima Quick-Detachable High Scope Rings = .525" (measured from base of ring to bottom of scope tube)

Warne 1" Maxima Quick-Detachable Extra-High Scope Rings = .650" (measured from base of ring to bottom of scope tube)

rings

Thanks for the info. Think it will be just fine the way it is. I think i may have the problem solved. Family camping this weekend, so have to work on it when i get back.

but he didn't show you mine

1926216225201894998_rs.jpg

:wink:

I'd keep a sharp eye on that leather 'Thingamajig". :shock: Might go off halfcocked if it breaks. :lol:

Skamaniac,
I have a G series 504 and a BB 91 504(super awesome rifle). My conclusion is the same as Big 6x6...The G series design is better suited for scopes...however the 91 is elegant, better balanced, and much more user friendly with cleaning...and frankly just prettier... :prayer:

I'd keep a sharp eye on that leather 'Thingamajig". Might go off halfcocked if it breaks.

Except I can't see it breaking, It would have to be pretty rotten or cut for leather to break.

Latest posts

Back