Warning: “Lethal Eye” Muzzle Brakes are Illegal

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well they are trying to make a rectangular chunk of metal into an item that requires a serial number and a FFL to process. So it doesn’t surprise me. Those muzzle breaks are very iffy though.

I am surprised that they haven’t made those shotgun pistol and rifle barrel inserts illegal yet. Firing some of the rounds in a shotgun barrel is amazingly quiet. Then they haven’t made air rifle silencers illegal either.

1716383328381.png
This is a muzzlebreak for a 308 advertised by Lethal Eye. Is this what the overlords are calling a silencer?

I guess that the outer dimension must match up with a steel tube inner diameter without needing to be machined. Then you get the tubing, cut it to size with a hacksaw, file it a little to dress it up, then drill a hole and tap the hole for a screw to lock it in place.

One thing that might have gotten them in trouble is the overall length of it. Muzzle breaks are usually quite a bit shorter in length. That kinda makes it more like a DIY noise suppressor then.

There exactly no laws governing the length of a muzzle brake.

This is no different than the Solvent Trap debate or the Threaded Adapter debate or the NAPA Filters debate.

Every individual piece is legal. Just don't bump up against Constructive Intent if you have all the bits to make a suppressor that works.

I'm waiting on the Texas vs. ATF case to shake out about Texas built suppressors being exempt from NFA 34.

Quite aware of the new ATF regs that shut down Form 1 suppressors. You have to have some parts there to give the dimensions for the Form 1 and having those parts are considered an immediate violation for Constructive Intent. Stupid on Steroids.

Last edited:
I guess the ATF frowns upon 80% suppressors too ... :think:

Yes, due to wording of law any part of a suppressor is considered one as well.... There have been instances of people trying to form-1 the oil-filter-adapters into a suppressor and being denied.... started about 3 years ago. Folks ended up submitting pictures/plans that included a furnace and pile of empty beer cans....

Of course.... MLs are exempt from the NFA. So if you have one of these on a front-stuffer, just have it welded on. At that point, may as well put a jacket on it and make it an actual suppressor...

(Silencerco made a integrally suppressed .50 front stuffer. No paperwork involved other than your sales receipt if you want one, they run about $850 when you see them in the wild BUT Silerncerco used some cheap traditions model as the base for 'em....)

I'm waiting on the Texas vs. ATF case to shake out about Texas built suppressors being exempt from NFA 34.

Quite aware of the new ATF regs that shut down Form 1 suppressors. You have to have some parts there to give the dimensions for the Form 1 and having those parts are considered an immediate violation for Constructive Intent. Stupid on Steroids.
Other states have tried similar and failed... which is funny to me, since it is no different than what is going on with the marijuana laws in many states....

I would suggest researching the Kansas suppressor cases. Both those men ended up on federal probation and are now convicted felons. State law cannot trump federal law. The marijuana laws are just being ignored by the feds like our border and immigration laws are.

Latest posts

Back