funnel for load through muzzle brake

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well,all is done to my Omega sml except that now I need to save a few bucks for a loading funnel to go through the muzzle brake.I have seen the cost of some,so I will wait til I get my COLA for my ss check and v.a. pension to get one ordered.Any body know who is the favorite for sml shooters with muzzle brakes?Recommendations!

I’m not sure I see many big differences in them. I’ve got funnels from Woodman, Arrowhead and Hanks.

I think getting the right size is really the most important consideration.

Which brake are you using Jim? Woodmans?

It is called the SHOCK WAVE by a guy named Tim Moss at CGAR from N.C. Recomended by a member here on the mml forum.He says they are made to fit the 45 cal with sabots.I have tried it with a hlbs and a 200 grain hornady sst bullet.It seems to work okay except having to put the powder in some way then put the bullet in after wards.With the funnel it could all go down together.He did it within a 7 day turn around and Mark was a long waiting period.

It is called the SHOCK WAVE by a guy named Tim Moss at CGAR from N.C. Recomended by a member here on the mml forum.He says they are made to fit the 45 cal with sabots.I have tried it with a hlbs and a 200 grain hornady sst bullet.It seems to work okay except having to put the powder in some way then put the bullet in after wards.With the funnel it could all go down together.He did it within a 7 day turn around and Mark was a long waiting period.
Check with LR Customs.
Depending on the ID of the brake, you still need to keep it off the crown. I think Bestill recommends .010" off the crown.

I assume Tim put the brake on? I don't recall you buying a threaded barrel. If it is my brake, funnels are in stock, there is no waiting period. Not sure where that came about. The most important thing should be a funnel that fits the brake.

Mark,yes Tim out on the brake on your barrel.I was told you had a long waiting period to do any barrel work and that you had no funnel loaders because they are made for the brakes when you put them on.Time said his brake was over bored for the purpose of sabots and bullets.

Back