wating for the to go off cotton wood lake.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

strong eagle

Reaction score
wating for the to go off cotton wood lake.

as soon as the ice goes of cotton wood lake im going to go over and crappie fish. they just jump on the line in early spanning season. man is it fun.

Re: wating for the to go off cotton wood lake.

strong eagle said:
as soon as the ice goes of cotton wood lake im going to go over and crappie fish. they just jump on the line in early spanning season. man is it fun.
Been there ;) ...Early spawning season is a super time to attempt limit-out on crappies.  In fact...it's probably the only time of the year I would dedicate time to dinner fish for them.  Interesting you are fishing for them in a lake.  I always nailed them in the back-waters of small rivers. I prefer to fillet them so creel numbers are important for the deep fryer.

Re: wating for the to go off cotton wood lake.

they move from a small lake to a bigger lake. the channel is fairy fast moving water. its about 20 yards wide. that channel is packed with nice crappies. wall mart has these small grasshopper lures, they really go after those kinds of lures.

Latest posts

Back