Weaver bases question

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dalberg

Reaction score
Are bases, just bases or do I need to be concerned. I have been waiting for my scope and mounts for a month and a half because the bases are backordered. Warne bases and QD rings. The bases are holding up the show so I told them to ship the scope and rings along with weaver bases. Should I be at all concerned? Maybe I'm just crazy!
Doug

Lots of folks use Weaver bases. Although Warne bases are my favorite,,the Weavers will serve you well. Use blue Lok-Tite on the screws and don't worry about them. 8)

Try to find the Weaver Grand Slam Bases for your Application.They are made of Steel just like the Warnes.Actually every time I have compared the two side by side,they are indentical.They will also work with the Warne QD rings or any other Weaver style ring.I should have also mentioned that plain ole weaver bases are made from aluminum,the "Grand Slam" bases are made from steel.Hope this helps.

thanks for the replies guys. I will do some checking for the grandslam bases if the Warnes don not show up soon. Although I may just leave the regular weavers on if they seem to work fine. Thanks again
Doug

Batchief909 said:
Lots of folks use Weaver bases. Although Warne bases are my favorite,,the Weavers will serve you well. Use blue Lok-Tite on the screws and don't worry about them. 8)

PERFECT response! :yeah:

Latest posts

Back