Went shopping! LQQK

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buglemintoday

Reaction score
:D Am I ready yet?

mzlstuff.jpg

I am sure I am missing a few more things but I think I got the majority of the stuff on this trip.

Curdog- just let me know and I'll send some $$$ your way !! :wink:

Jims- It's the X7. Comes with a 2" shorter barrel, Sims Limbsavers Recoil pad, and a williams peep sight. I think it weighs a pound less then the other Omega's on the market as well.

Justin

:D I don't see any loose Triple 7 powder, or any other type of loose powder, measure, or bulk sabots and bullets of different weights.

:D Al

lol Al

I was going to get the loose stuff since I am sure it isn't difficult. I just wanted to get the basics down with pellets before I tried anything else.

But I do have a question !!!!

Does 3 pellets of 777 = 172gr. of Pyrodex ? Or is the 150gr of triple7 in pellet form equal to pyrodex in 150gr?

The reason I am asking is because somewhere else on the forum someone had stated that they hunted with 150gr of 777 and someone got on there and said that was equal to around 170gr of Pyrodex and dangerous in a muzzleloader. And that 120gr of 777 is around 150gr of Pyrodex.

The pellets are about equal in strength. Loose 777 is more potent than Pyrodex.

I'll also add that 3 pellets, 150 grains, is equivalent to 120 grain of loose powder. That applies to both pyrodex and 777.

I have found with my 50 cals they shoot the best with less than 100gr. charge of loose T7. My 54 uses right at 100gr. of loose T7 for a load. But useing loose lets you dial in the load your rifle likes best weather it is 80, 95, 100, 110, or 150 grains.

:D Al

Grouse said:
Buglemintoday said:
:D Am I ready yet?

No your not. :shock: Get some sabots from MMP and Harvester. :)

After playing with my Omega, I will second this statement - HPH24's and some Crush Ribs are you're set!

:D

Are you ready yet?

Once you decide on shooting some 777 loose powder you will also need a T/C clear view powder measurer.

Nice choice of gun, that one is my favorite omega. I drooled at one in the store here for a few days, deciding if that was what I wanted or did I want an encore. Its light weight and fast handling got me dreaming about sneaking through the brush after moose this fall.

Anyhow, went back to the store on sunday to get some accesories and stew about my decision some more and saw the omega was missing, so I decided to pick up the last muzzleloader encore there.

Back