What are you hunting with this year?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am hunting the extremely elusive 4' X 8' sheet of 1/2" plywood. Put a few shots downrange and I will do more this weekend.

rob

Knight Mountaineer 45 fast twist is up first loaded with 120gr BH209 & the amazing Fury 40/240 Bullets
2nd up is my Ruger American Go Wild 350 Legend. Win. Power Max bonded 160’s

Greg

IMG_20211106_104541_953.jpgIMG_20210703_171635_01.jpgI have it narrowed down to two rifles.The top one is an H&R 45-70 that was fitted with a breach plug to make it a 45 call muzzleloader.And the second on is a Traditions Deer Hunter with a short barrel and a few other mods.But heck that might change between now and November 15th.😂

Ive been thinking and just have not narrowed it down to one. On the firearms opener i will have a Ruger American 450bm. But after that first day i will alternate between a Renegade 45lrh, Knight 45 disc, Omega 45 and maybe my Acurra 45lr All loaded with a 45-340i bullet. I really want to hammer something with that bullet. No matter which im using i always have my ROA with me. We can firearm hunt, on private farmland, from November 15 thru January 1, with the exception of December 1-3. Got plenty of time cuz I'll be off work from Christmas til January 2nd with nothing to do but hunt deer.

Will be using the same muzzleloader that I have used since I bought it new in 2005. A NEF Huntsman. Couldn't get any 270gr deep curl so going back to the 240gr xtp mag. After doing some shooting the other day I really don't know why I got away from the xtp, because it has put a lot of deer in my freezer and it has always been just a little more accurate on a regular basis.
Good luck and safe hunting to everyone this year!

I missed New York early muzzleloading season and late season starts sometime in the mid of December. It looks like I'm stuck with my Tikka Lite .270win that shoots sub-MOA always. If I get a deer with my Tikka I'll start using my Whitelighting.

Accura V2 when season starts Dec 1. Really looking forward to ml season and can't wait for it to get here.

This weekend (rifle season starts here) I will be using a Howa 1500 in 308 or a Ruger 77 in 257 Roberts depending what stand I hunt out of. The Howa is suppressed so a little long. The Ruger fits better in some of our blind/stands. Trying to finish getting ready for season this weekend, but will try and get some pictures posted tomorrow or Thursday.

When we get to the Mizzery Alternative Season, I will probably use the Kodiak Pro.
If my dad hunts, he likes the trigger on my Encore.
The Stag Horn shoots great but is difficult to reload in the field, but it is a nice spare.
Renegade will probably sit out this season unless I get some time work with it.

My main muzzy is the TC Omega 45. Followed by a CVA Optima 45. And if I need to push a little more I have a TC Triumph. I'm happy to report that all three have taken deer and hogs.

Not a great picture, but it's the best I can do right now. Hopefully I will have some game photos after season starts (Dec 1). I hope anyway.
IMG_0235.jpg

My son and I hunted early muzzleloader Elk season with our White Gseries in .504 and home cast boolits from an Accurate mold. Lots of mountain hiking trying to locate a big 6x6 that we glassed up opening morning....Skunked but fun was had none the less. Carried my Tikka in 6.5 x 55 Swede for modern deer. Scored my first animal with this particular rifle..3x2 blacktail buck.

Back