What do you think about these mocs?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

exMember

Reaction score
I know they are not PC with the rubber soles, but for hunting, that would fit the bill and help tame the rocks.

What do you think?
s-l16010.jpg

Well...for me, there isn't any ankle support in Mocs, in fact, no support anywhere.  If they aren't Goretex lined they aren't water proof either.  I couldn't last 30 minutes wearing Mocs in hunting situations.  

For you I say great!  :D

the shoe laces and silver buckle thing would be removed/replaced.

FrontierGander said:
the shoe laces and silver buckle thing would be removed/replaced.
That and "dirty-them-up" some how.  At my age I would certainly want a sole to help footing for safety reasons.  Buy big for sock room if you go with them.

FrontierGander said:
I know they are not PC with the rubber soles, but for hunting, that would fit the bill and help tame the rocks.

What do you think?
s-l16010.jpg
Frontier Gander
 Other than the rubber soles and machine stitching, I'd say you got a winner there. I wore traditional Mocs. Winter, Summer, Spring, and Fall for 25 years. Probably did my feet NO GOOD at all, but they were comfortable! Wet, but comfortable. Now-a-days I'd be back in the hospital if I tried a stunt like that!
God bless:
Stoney

Carl Dyers mocs are the best available, wear the longest and most comfortable. I wore his Rendezvous mocs for 25-28 years then switched to an earlier style when changing periods and have worn them for 20 years, they are called center seam mocs.

The "Rendezvous Moc" are distinctively styled moccasins and especially suited for rugged outdoor use. They lace in the back which eliminates snagging on underbrush and constant re-tying of lacings; the high front flap helps prevent debris from working its way inside.

rendezvous.jpg

True "Center Seam" construction as the name applies. Available in double sole only. Double sole is of our World Famous leather. The attached collar is made form a coordinating color leather.

Center-seam.jpg

Either one wears like iron, I have waded rivers (do not do this, I did because it was better than getting cut feet in the Missouri and Mississippi Rivers).​

Latest posts

Back