What is everybody's favorite inline

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scotts98rt

Reaction score
I am pondering this as I have so many, I should be ashamed to say I have 6 I have not shot. I have 3 different brands, but always find myself using my first in line. A tc thunderhawk. That I bought new in the early 90''s I think. It's a 21.in. carbine with a thumbhole. Bell and Carlson stock. Using the load as recommended by tc, 90 grains of 2fg goex, with a tc break o way sabot. With a 200gr. xtp. Shoots a ragged hole at 100 yrds. Nice woods gun, I picked up my encore.and thought it was as heavy as a boat anchor. Lol.

Calico, my .50 caliber 24 inch stainless/ walnut TC Firehawk. ABSOLUTELY superb rifle!
Sights are the factory bead and a Savage #10 aperture. She has an extensive collection of inch or less groups at 100 yards.

It is a toss up between my 52 lrh and my ultra lite 45. I also have to many and not enough time to play

Boy , i saw this thread and i got really excited !!! Went to begin to write and.........Writers Block !!! I was stumped !!! ......opened the safe and just sat there.......thought i knew but .....geez , this is Tough !!!! Its not that there are so many . Each one has a special assignment , a special meaning , a special purpose for me . All accurate , so far anyhow . My ss700ml ive not shot yet , but i really like it . Came as a 50 and i have a 54 barrel too for a switch rig . The knight bk92 is pretty tiger maple , very light , and quite customized , rebarreled too and originally a gift from my folks . None are truly stock rifles . Oh boy look and fondle some more . Alot of memories in here !!! Finally i came to a decision , i think , Lol !!!

The White 410 Super 91 is just a jewel . "Mighty Whitey" has been such a wonderful gift !!! Its not the prettiest , nor the most powerfull . Light it isnt . It is the toughest to get things for too . Light in recoil , even with 90gr of T7 3f and a 400gr conical . Its Accurate at 100yds with 1 ragged hole @ .562" dia too with its Wilson barrel and 1 x 6 Osprey scope . Load experimentation has been fun and highly gratifying . Its kinda rare in a way too . The B&C stock is nice . Love the stainless too . Concieved by Doc White , a legend in muzzleloading , its elegant in purpose and use . One of the first rifles designed for 200yd hunting as well and Doc's favorite for the Silloette course . The 410 is the most inheirantly accurate of all his rifles he claims . Quite a pedigree and ya gotta love that !!! Timeless really ....
I get to be a DWB , (dirty white boy ) , too !!!!
And THAT is an Honor........

Last edited:
I know you asked for inline but my affection toward my sidelock is worth mention. It has beautiful wood and a long aftermarket barrel from Green Mountain. It is not fussy about powder, ball size, or patch size. Just do a reasonable job of loading it and it would kill deer. The long barrel left a lot of room between the front and back sight so helped my aging eyes for 30 years. 3 years ago I had to put it up for the scope on an Inline. I didn't want to put a scope on my sidelock. Seemed wrong. It sat in the corner of the deer blind this year hoping a deer would show with enough light to use it instead of my inline. it had double triggers and with minimum effort was a real shooter. I'll bet I shot 1-2 deer a year for 30 years with it. Even when the Inlines became popular I stuck with it. Many of the other hunters I drive deer with enjoyed holding it. Only positive comments were made. It inspires a lot of memories. Thanks.

Last edited:
Marlin made an inline in .50 and .54. Quick twist barrel, stainless steel, scoped and quick handling. I have one of each, but my favorite is the .54. With 100 grains (volume equivalent) of 777 under a Barnes MZ, it is superbly accurate and kills like the wrath of God. I have never missed nor lost a deer I have shot at with it, and never recovered a bullet. Just DRT.

I own lots of muzzleloaders, but when it is harvest time, the Marlin .54 is my go-to rifle.

ADK Bigfoot

I have two inlines (and 17 sidelocks :rolleyes: ).

48986151901_b02a4a0a31_b.jpg

49496788603_0e11cdae82_b.jpg

The sidelocks get used a lot more than the inlines.

Funny how Lyman beat many other vendors to the "hammerless" break action ML but some companies act like it never existed before. :eek:

Back