What is everybody's favorite inline

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My favorite gun has always been one that doesn't cost an arm and a leg and one that gets the job done. In this case it would be my Knight LKII. Less than $200 new, scope included and yes, it uses #11 percussion caps. It has taken several deer at 100 yards or less, 2 at 150yds., 4 at 155yds., 1 at 186yds. and my farthest 2 seasons ago at 200yds.

My current fave is a Knight disc original with an extreme bare primer conversion .45 1:20. It just feels like a part of me when i throw it to my shoulder. Hard to beat it for accuracy. Black diamond may give it a run next year tho.

I like them all but as far as feel when bringing up to shoulder I believe either my Walnut stocked T/C Black Diamonds/Firehawks or Walnut stocked MK-85`s.
My favorite gun to just hunt with is hard to pick but would probably be my Knight Disc Extreme .52 bare bolt primer and chopped 21 inch barrel or my .451 White.
Really depends what I feel hunting with on any given day, whatever one I take is my favorite:D

Gosh! I have had a of different ML's but I will say that I am a now Knight fan through and through.

My favorite is the new Ultra-Lite Nitride version... Light weight - accurate - fun to shoot and easy to clean!

img]

debowling, the stock finish on the Mustang is some sort of coating over plain white birch. It's very durable though and you would never know it unless you removed the butt pad to view the real wood.

It's 50 caliber Rob.

You're right GM54. I never understood why the Lyman Mustang did not become more popular than it did. It's a solid gun; locks up tight, breech area stays clean with no blow-back, sliding tang safety, all steel (weighs in at 9 lbs.) and shoots quite well. It's even Blackhorn friendly. DANG IT, now I have to take it out on my next range session. I haven't shot it in quite a while.

Quote:
You're right GM54. I never understood why the Lyman Mustang did not become more popular than it did. It's a solid gun; locks up tight, breech area stays clean with no blow-back, sliding tang safety, all steel (weighs in at 9 lbs.) and shoots quite well. It's even Blackhorn friendly. DANG IT, now I have to take it out on my next range session. I haven't shot it in quite a while.[/QUOTE]

I liked the looks and design of the Lyman Mustang, but the weight and HORRIBLE trigger (on the only one I ever held) turned me off.

ADK Bigfoot

[QUOTE="ADK Bigfoot], ………………..I liked the looks and design of the Lyman Mustang, but the weight and HORRIBLE trigger (on the only one I ever held) turned me off.
ADK Bigfoot[/QUOTE]

You're right about that Bigfoot. The weight doesn't bother me because I'm a stand hunter. But the Mustang's trigger leaves a lot to be desired. It took a good polishing job to bring it up to barely acceptable. Out of the box it has a shotgun trigger, not a rifle trigger.

Last edited:
debowling, the stock finish on the Mustang is some sort of coating over plain white birch. It's very durable though and you would never know it unless you removed the butt pad to view the real wood.

It's 50 caliber Rob.

You're right GM54. I never understood why the Lyman Mustang did not become more popular than it did. It's a solid gun; locks up tight, breech area stays clean with no blow-back, sliding tang safety, all steel (weighs in at 9 lbs.) and shoots quite well. It's even Blackhorn friendly. DANG IT, now I have to take it out on my next range session. I haven't shot it in quite a while.

Well the coating sure looks great, I don't understand why they never caught on either as they are a great looking weapon.. maybe weighing 9# has something to do with it.

Knight MK85 50 cal SS wrapped in a beautiful French Walnut stock with fleur and ribbon checkering and topped with a Leupold fixed 6X. If I can ever figure how to post photos, I will or if someone with puter sense wants to do it.

Interesting thread.

Bill

Boy , i saw this thread and i got really excited !!! Went to begin to write and.........Writers Block !!! I was stumped !!! ......opened the safe and just sat there.......thought i knew but .....geez , this is Tough !!!! Its not that there are so many . Each one has a special assignment , a special meaning , a special purpose for me . All accurate , so far anyhow . My ss700ml ive not shot yet , but i really like it . Came as a 50 and i have a 54 barrel too for a switch rig . The knight bk92 is pretty tiger maple , very light , and quite customized , rebarreled too and originally a gift from my folks . None are truly stock rifles . Oh boy look and fondle some more . Alot of memories in here !!! Finally i came to a decision , i think , Lol !!!

The White 410 Super 91 is just a jewel . "Mighty Whitey" has been such a wonderful gift !!! Its not the prettiest , nor the most powerfull . Light it isnt . It is the toughest to get things for too . Light in recoil , even with 90gr of T7 3f and a 400gr conical . Its Accurate at 100yds with 1 ragged hole @ .562" dia too with its Wilson barrel and 1 x 6 Osprey scope . Load experimentation has been fun and highly gratifying . Its kinda rare in a way too . The B&C stock is nice . Love the stainless too . Concieved by Doc White , a legend in muzzleloading , its elegant in purpose and use . One of the first rifles designed for 200yd hunting as well and Doc's favorite for the Silloette course . The 410 is the most inheirantly accurate of all his rifles he claims . Quite a pedigree and ya gotta love that !!! Timeless really ....
I get to be a DWB , (dirty white boy ) , too !!!!
And THAT is an Honor........
what silhouette course you talking about

what silhouette course you talking about
I dont know which course Doc shoots 45-70 . He says that on his website articles . I figured someplace in Utah ,because he lives there in Roosevelt . I dont know if he still does or not still shoot in competition as he is in his 80's . Quite a guy . Still works on his mz's though !!!
Ps-- glad you can spell it , i tried !! Lol !!
Pss-- very thankfull for that BLL lube recipe too . Made all the difference in accuracy with a knurled oversized pp bullet with BLL on them with no paper . Learned of BLL here on MM .

Rifle is ready for Friendship , hope i can swing the trips expenses as my toy money is about dried up presently . Been an expensive year (cf switch rig) . This year looks no better with another complete build wanted (my 1st --bh209/sml/40) . Have a few to tweak too . We'll see......hopeing .

Last edited:
For me, it's my .451 M98 with the SuperSafari stock. But my TC Renegade with the GM 45LRH bbl is closing the gap and may become my favorite.
Im in the process of building a renegade 45lrh. Feels like it will be the heaviest gun i own. But it's really got me looking forward to shooting it. Not my first sidelock but first one that gots me excited.

Back