......What is MAX DRAM..........

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hawgslayer1

Reaction score
:D
Did allot of shooting on Sat and finally got a real good pattern with #5, 3" Winchester SUPREME X Double Magnum Turkey loads and #6's, 3" Remington Nitro turkey loads. I tried a few different chokes but best results camr with the Remington Turkey super full choke.
My question is, I tried a few 2 3/4's remington #4's and 5's and on the box it was marked "MAX DRAM". What is that equal to :?: :?: :?:

I wouldn't pay much attention to Dram equivalents on shotshell boxes. If I remember right, I believe it's a "relative" method of comparing modern smokeless shotshell "velocities" to equivalent black powder shotshell "velocities" of long ago when drams were used as a unit of bp measurement (16 drams = 1 ounce).

I don't think it has anything to do with comparing smokeless powder to black powder weight or volume equivalents. My guess is MAX DRAM probably refers to the maximum load that can be used safely in terms of pressures.

If anyone else knows for sure please pass it along.

Back