what is safe

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, there is no requirement that US made muzzleloaders be proofed. Ditto for all other US made guns.
Actually they were not US made. In fact, I don't think CVA is made in the USA now. They are made in Spain. My 2008 Wolf is stamped as made in Spain as well.

Yep, there is no requirement that US made muzzleloaders be proofed. Ditto for all other US made guns.
Correct. only the EU CIP countries require ML proofing and ONLY if its sold within the EU CIP regulated country.

They ONLY import that tests each and every barrel is Pedersoli. They proof test them all no matter where its being shipped. IIRC Savage used to shoot each ML they made and did load work pressure testing.

to buy from CVA?
Which rifles are a good buy?
With the supposed crap they had put out into the Paramount line are there any that they make that are still worth buying?
I only ask because of the recent thread on their lack of quality control coming out lately.
These 3 are excellent CVA Accura rifles.
LyIDjTPh.jpg

I bought a CVA Accura MR 50 cal 3 years ago with no issues at all. I don’t think it’s made anymore without getting an MR-X. I could be wrong.
I think you are correct. The MR is a nice rifle, accurate, light and length handy for quite a bit less money!

to buy from CVA?
Which rifles are a good buy?
With the supposed crap they had put out into the Paramount line are there any that they make that are still worth buying?
I only ask because of the recent thread on their lack of quality control coming out lately.
I have three CVA .45's and all are shooters. My Apex is perhaps my favorite. I also have a Kodiak with a 28 " barrel and a Kodiak Pro with a 29" barrel. CVA's mistake was discontinuing these model. So you would need to search used.

Latest posts

Back