What is your favorite weight no excues conical for elk?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

porkchop401

Reaction score
Hey fellas ,which no excuses conical has given best accuracy in your rifle ? I recently sized my barrel with a sizing pack and a .503 or .504 will work in my Rem 700mls and I am leaning towards the .504 for safety reasons (bullet staying in place) I like the idea of the 420 gr trajectory but there should not be a lot of difference between 420 and 495 grain. I would like to shoot bh209 as propellent but pyrodex and 777 are not off the table. Also I'm sending my bolt off soon to have a closed ignition kit and a plug suitable for bh209 what has worked for you fellas i would to know.

The 460 grain ones are proven killers.
A member on monstermuleys from Colorado killed a big 6x6 with a White muzzleloader using the 460's a couple years back. They shot great groups at long range for him too.

This is my friends Colorado bull from last year. 181 yards, 460 grain No Excuses bullet, 90 or 100 grains of Pyro Select RS, (I don’t remember what he told me, I think he shoots 90) .504 White Super 91.
Other combos would provide similar results.

I spoke with Dave at NE today , I was asking him about sizing and after he answered my questions i told him that my rifle was a 700mls he told me to absolutely start with the 495gr. because the 700mls had a reputation for liking the 495gr.
At the ranges I intend to shoot (less than 200yds ) it shouldn't be a issue with trajectory.

Back