What is your Savage 10ML-2 deer hunting load?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I chrono'ed the load that was used on that hunt in my ML-I. Now, remember that the load will have less fps than in the ML-II that was used. All that I'll say is :shock: ! It was a tad faster than the Winchester Supreme 300 gr. Failsafe in .375 H&H Mag............ I used a rest similar to the Lead Sled when doing the load work, so recoil wasn't a problem. I never felt the recoil when I shot the pig, but my cousin shot it during the summer. All he said was "Thanks, once was enough." :lol:

Blue-Dot-37.5

Hornady 250 SST, Supplied sabot trimmed, IMR SR 4759, 43 grains, Win 209 primers. Groups are around 1"(when I'm have a good day :p ) and I zero on the bull for hunting

Blue-Dot-37.5 said:
I never felt the recoil when I shot the pig, but my cousin shot it during the summer.
Blue-Dot-37.5

Well, I saw your hog right after you shot it-- and it felt a lot more than just recoil, if indeed he/she felt anything at all. :shock:

Randy:

Thanks for the tip on the VV-105. I couldn't find any locally, so you can see I'm giong with the VV-110 for my nephew. We'll see what transpires Saturday morning! If he isn't successful Saturday, we'll be back out there Sunday A.M.

Blue-Dot-37.5

SW said:
250SST
MMP HPH 12
Unable to post due to rules but involves VV-110 and H-322
Win 209
WW 1/2"-3/4" @100yds
1 1/2" hi 100yds

Yeah that!

Except HPH 24 instead of 12.
:nono:

IAhunter said:
I realize we only have a handful of responses, but the results are interesting so far. So far we are definitely seeing a preference for the 250gr. SST by the Savage users. This is interesting since I have often read on this message board that the Sav10ML2 was "designed around 300gr. bullets"

Keep the load info coming.
Pat,
I love the terminal effects of the 250SST; but after quite a bit of shooting 300 SSTs and XTPs, I am currently prejudiced towards the 285 Barnes and 300g bullets. I used to(5-6 years ago) shoot the 300XTP almost exclusively and had extreme accuracy at 200yds - much better than my 250SST 200yd accuracy. I believe that if we concentrated on 200yd accuracy/groups that the 300 bullets would more popular. We, or at least me, have let 100yd groups determine how accurate I think a load is while the 200yd groups would be a better measure. When 6 PPC benchrest shooters work up loads it is normally @ 200 yds instead of 100 yds for that very reason. Next year any 50 cal loads will likely be heavier than 250gs.

SW,I agree,alot of 100yd. loads don't perform that well at 200yds. I've yet to see a real good 200yd. load that didn't perform well at 100yds. also. Ron :)

Sav.10Ml. Load

44grns. 5744.Short MMP Sabot, Fed.209A primer Hornady 300grn.XTP, sighted dead on at 100 yds. Avg. groups .5 in.

Sav.10Ml. Load

44grns. 5744.Short MMP Sabot, Fed.209A primer Hornady 300grn.XTP, sighted dead on at 100 yds. Avg. groups .5 in. out of my HB LTD.

Latest posts

Back