What Muzzleloader are hunting with this year?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

52Bore

Reaction score
For me, since I can harvest 2 bucks and some does - I’m going to let my new GM 54-120 perform 1st, then who knows what ML.
Share your pic..
8533F5B6-F5B5-4176-9779-26B74EBD7658.jpeg
97E97634-F218-4341-87B0-B26B37D23B5C.jpeg
3B3E7178-185A-428F-9CBD-B9220C8A9653.jpeg

Last edited:
Regular firearms season I’ll be carrying my Encore/Brux .45. I’ll also have my Ruger .44 in a chest rig as I really want to take a deer with a pistol.

That sure is a nice looking muzzleloader, 52Bore.

I'll use one of the two, my oldest Son, the other. Remington 700ML actions with 45 cal. 1-20 twist Brux barrels. 285 grain Bear Creek Ballistics (old style) all copper bullets moving along at light speed :cool:

1yq70zl.jpg

zvZkBZ6.jpg

I always hunt the opening weekend with the Accura. If I need to hunt further to fill tags I start the weekdays with the Optima pistol. If I have to hunt the second weekend I usually dig out the .45 Kodiak. All three of these are very accurate but I super love the quiet woods thru the week and toting the Optima pistol. Taking deer with that pistol is just real rewarding.

Our early ml season I’m going to take my TC Renegade using my new 390gr bullet. I’ll probably hunt with it during our regular gun season and will probably switch to my White during our late ML season in Bucks county where I can use it.

I hunted the whole season with my .45 Austin & Halleck. The boys used CVA’s, Accura and an old Optima. Both deer we took were bang/flops. The Accura used 90v BH209 and a Remington Accutip 250gn. The AH used 90v BH209 and a Parker BE 250gn. The unsuccessful Optima was shooting 90v BH209 and a 200gn Shockwave.

Great question here. Along with my Optima pistol, I'm hoping to take a deer with my CVA mountain pistol or the 45 caliber Kentucky pistol.
My new traditions deerhunter rifle in 45 caliber is also one that I hope to harvest a deer with.
The Oklahoma muzzleloader season starts two weeks from tomorrow. For this year, hunters can take 4 deer with the smoke pole.
During the regular gun season, I plan to hunt with the muzzleloader as well.
Good luck to all of us this year.

Arrowhead Rem700 .45cal Brux barrel. Luke's 300gr No-Size NSR XLD Bullets backing it up. Figure it will get the job done. Big step up from where I was a year ago. Wishing everyone a really good year.

Last edited:
Knight ultra lite 45, but my 52 long range hunter is hard to leave behind, its been an incredible killing machine. good luck to everyone on this forum this year

Not sure if I'll hunt regular season or just ML season, but whether one or both I'll be using my Encore with the Arrowhead .45 Brux barrel and 275 gr. .Fury's. Love that gun.
Good luck to all. Wish our ML season want so far away still.

Latest posts

Back