What muzzleloading stuff did you do today?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shot a nice Merriam's this morning with the Tominator. Got to my camp last night (4 hrs from the house) and realized I’d forgotten my capper and caps. 🤯 After tearing apart all my gear bags and truck I was unable to find even a single #11. So, in desperation, I grabbed a box of .22 shorts and a Leatherman from the center console, pulled a couple bullets and cut the cases short. Worked like a charm! 🤔😊

View attachment 43432
View attachment 43433
View attachment 43434

Dedication or desperation? Either way, good job!

Shot my first Tominator killed bird today! What a great hunt here in Indiana! Two toms and four hens; had to bring in the hens to get the Tom into range. My gun patterns perfectly to 55 yards, I shot at 45. TSS #9’s to the face and he folded on the spot. Nothing like that cloud of black powder smoke is there??

Attachments

• IMG_8362.jpeg
    IMG_8362.jpeg
    7.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8363.jpeg
    IMG_8363.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8365.jpeg
    IMG_8365.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
I ordered several boxes of Hornady .451 230gr XTP bullets for Blk. Dia. from Graf's few minutes ago.
I found my rb's & sabots & 250 gr .45 Fury bullets for my Renegade .54. Next Friday & Saturday will get to shoot.

Last edited:
Well things have changed & i don't understand them. 1st gunsmith i called to get scope mount holes drilled N tapped. Said he didn't do machine work. I told him he was a wannabe not a gunsmith & hung up on him. 2nd one i called told me yes he would do the work. Hear this wanted $250 in advance & i hung up on him. 3rd one says he is open but would not take 2 calls i made, said leave a message.

Latest posts

Back