What muzzleloading stuff did you do today?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Charger 1 I'd be curious how that does be sure and report back.
This is my 3rd 50 count box already. I did some testing last year with them and found them to be very accurate in my ML. I did change out the sabot to the MMP. Attached, is my 100yd target. I got my fist deer last year with that bullet 70yds and a clean pass through. Ten steps and fell. Once the weather breaks, I will be doing more testing although I am very satisfied with the results so far. Open the photo up and to right is the set up and combo.

Attachments

• 20231128_215122.jpg
    20231128_215122.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
That's good shooting I have a 400 grain Fury and a 400 grain Northern precision that I've been shooting and they've both been so very accurate I think a lot of recoil shy Shooters never consider bullets like that if you adjust the load appropriately they're very suitable I know I sure love putting a freight train down range and watch all the cabooses stack up on top of each other

Found some N110, 120 and 130 online and ordered before the prices get too high. Now I'll have some for my Scout build later this spring or whenever the stainless 45-70 get back in stock locally.

I was going to order some N120 when I got home last night, but I found an 8 pounder of Titegroup on my way home. I figured I should pick it up before it went up 30% next week.

Took four rifles to the range today and ended up only shooting one - a new White .451 Whitetail. Ran her through her paces with a bunch of different loads. Even tried sizing and knurling some 325 Furies. Best she did was about .75” at 50 yards. I think I need to bed the action before the next range session.

IMG_3847.jpeg
IMG_3855.jpeg

Received two shipments from Buffalo Arms Company (BACO) this afternoon. 1000 RWS 1075+ caps, 9 mm ammo, lead thermometer, mold mallet, SPG, ALOX were in it.... but the 50 lbs of 40-1 bullet alloy I ordered are missing. When I got shipment notifications last week I looked up the tracking numbers, and noted that one shipment was listed as 3 lbs, and the other was listed as 8 lbs. Called BACO, explained that 3lbs + 8lbs do not = 50lbs, so the alloy must be missing. The customer service guy checked the shipping records and insisted that the lead was in one of the shipments. Will have to call them back on Monday and get it sorted out. Sigh. Probably not much better to do on Monday, though.... We aren't supposed to see temps above zero until Tuesday, and forecast temps have all been too high by at least 10 degrees for the last three weeks.

Nice day here so I took the TC X7 Omega out to set up a reduced power load for javelina hunting. Load was 80 grV Bh209 and a knurled 250 gr shockwave in a black crush rib. I haven’t shot 250s in quite a while. Looks like I should put them back into rotation.

Woodman’s adjustable 209 plug continues to impress. Set for .006” crush, primers show zero leakage.

IMG_3862.jpeg
Ballistic-X-Export-2024-01-14 16:31:23.679229.jpg
IMG_3864.jpeg

Took four rifles to the range today and ended up only shooting one - a new White .451 Whitetail. Ran her through her paces with a bunch of different loads. Even tried sizing and knurling some 325 Furies. Best she did was about .75” at 50 yards. I think I need to bed the action before the next range session.

View attachment 40587
View attachment 40588
how do you do the knurling??

Back