Whats your best load

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1Windy

Reaction score
I've shot alot of different componets with my Triumph My best
group everytime is the Hornady .458 300 gr with 110 gr BH 209
with the harvester black crush rib These bullets touch with a 3 shot group at 100 yds I'm going to hunt with them this year Seems my TC has a
loose bore thats why they fly the best They go down very firm everytime
I load After the season I'll post how they preform

1Windy

They should load firm as you a loading a .458 bullet in a .451/.452 sabot. So the extra width of the bullet should expand the sabot to be a snug fit in your bore and normally TC bores are a bit tight anyway.

What .458/300 grain bullet are you shooting?

I'm shooting the .458 Remington HP with 110gnv BH and the Black Crushed Rib sabot. I like the .458 bullets in all three of my ML'ers, the .458 Barnes Originals in my Savage and the Remingtons in my Triumph and Genesis. They outshoot the SST's and the XTP's for accuracy everytime.
Zen

I shoot the Barnes original 300 gr also in my Savage with the bcr and get good groups with the Remington also I'm a .458 fan all the way
Heading for NY with the Savage then over to NJ with the Triumph in Dec

We're using the 300gr Barnes original with the black CR in the Savage, but have also had great luck with the Horandy 300gr HP in the orange MMP. Will probably hunt with both during the season! In the Encore we're using the 275gr Parker BE in an HPH12 in front of 110gr BH209. That load was also doing great in our KP1 until hangfires ruined things. We've switched over to T7mag pellets for now and the bullets still shoot great so we'll go with that combo in this one.

Best load in my Ultimate is a toss up between 4-777 pellets with a 300 SST or 3-777 magnum pellets with a Parker 275 BE. The Parker load is easier to shoot consistently due to less recoil. Please don't try those loads in a gun that isn't built for it.
Best load in my MGM Encore barrel is 2-777 pellets and a 250 grain SST.
All loads use MMP sabots. I have not tried the Harvestors yet, but I do have some on the bench and I intend to try them after deer season.

My Load

300 grain TC Schockwave discard factory sabot and use Crush Rib black sabot and 110 grains of Black Mag3, really fast and tears the deer up.

Hornady xtp 300 gr .430 harvester crush rib 90gr bh 209

Latest posts

Back