where should i look when its warm

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

funman

Reaction score
Here in flordia they just printed in our newspaper that the hogs are over populated and they are allowing hunts in a certain public place. My question is , with it getting warmer and warmer what is going to be thier habit. I didnt see many when it was cooler, am i going to see alot less of them now? I know they like to stay nocturnal so would you set up for late evening or early morning? I should stay by water obviously right? we are not allowed to bait them which dosent make any sense to me since they are wanting the population thinned out. any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Sows with pigs usually do not come out until after sunset. Solitary boars are laws unto themselves and are likely to to go get a drink or wallow any time they feel like it.

Set up at a pond with a lot of hog sign and just wait.

Definately look for water and watch it carefully. Scan brushlines near the water because sometimes if they are not in the water or within spitting distance of the water, they are still closeby so that their walk for water isn't very long.

I am heading out here in a little bit to do this exact thing, the pigs love water when its hot out!

swampy areas.

I've killed my share of sows and their piglettes in the late morning/ afternoon...

Back