Where to buy?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roach4047

Reaction score
I recently purchased a Knight Disc Extreme .50 cal. Should be arriving any day now.

I'm so new to Muzzle loading that I have never even held one yet. What I need to know is where can I place an online order for all the little things needed to shoot and maintenance the gun? You know primers, sabots, powder, that type stuff.

Also if you guys could recommend some known shot combinations (which sabots, which powder) that would be great as well.

Thanks,

Roach

I'm also quite new, but try to find some place close to home to buy powder and primers. There is a fee to ship them. It is aroung $20 and going up.

Read the last few weeks of this forum. I think others have asked the same thing here or for newbies.

Dave

Roach, midsouthshootersupply.com has about the best selection of powders, bullets, and sabots. I would shoot nothing but BH209 if you haven't bought anything yet... try 110 grains of BH, a 245 grain Barnes Spit-fire in the yellow sabot, and I would shoot the CCI 209m primers. This will be an excellent, fast shooting load for whitetails... if you are say Elk or big bear hunting I would look at the 285 Spit-fire... also the 300 grain Barnes Expander. I would say away from the E-Z load style sabots... they can be a little too loose in a Knight bore for consistent accuracy. Lastly, read everything you can on Modern Muzzleloader... do a search on your particular rifle and you'll come up with a ton of info... hope this helps and good luck. You have made a very fine choice of muzzleloader by the way... :wink:

I agree with flinthead. I think Midsouth has a better selection and I've always recieved my stuff in a timely manner.

Welcome,
I'd also suggest checking out the "New to Muzzleloading" forum here...

And I haven't shot BH 209.

For ME, loose 777 works fine, and is readily available. It's cheaper too.

-Mike

where to buy

If u r near Columbus, Ohio , you HAVE to be close enough to a local outlet or gunshop to buy at least half of what you need. And you can always ask questions of items, needs, etc. and establish contacts that will stand you in good staed for years to come.. This forum is GREAT....the BEST.... but good nearby, quick advice is always a good idea. Even at a local range. And don't forget a Cabela "SHOOTING: Catalog or Natchez Shooting supplies. Although their catalog descriptions are somewhat lacking in some instances.

Best of luck in your new undertaking.
:wink: Art Sehnke

Thanks for all of the replies. It's comforting hearing from others that "I made a good choice of muzzle loaders." I was torn between a couple different ML's. The Thompson Center Triumph came highly recomended as well as the Knight Disc Elite. If I could have located an Elite I would have gone with that but I came across my Extreme 26" Blue/Black for a price that I really couldn't pass up. I got the ML with a 3-9 mounted in a pretty nice hard case shipped to my door for $270.00 even. I don't think I could have done much better than that. The ML that I was really wanting though was the Knight Master Hunter Extreme Seen here.

http://www.knightrifles.com/catalog.asp ... iscextreme

I finally located one but only after I purchased my Extreme.

The funny thing is that I'm so torn between Deer hunting with a ML vs a shotgun that I'm very likely going to purchase one of each for this next yrs deer season and one of the members on this board (Grouse) that's looking to into the Master Hunter right now is the same individual that I'm negotiating with on a shotgun that I'm interested in.
Talk about a small world...Wouldn't you say Tom? That's a great price on the ML too. If I had seen that first I would have likely bought the Master Hunter.

Oh well... I'll quit Rambling now.
This does seem like a really nice community here. Glad to meet you all and thanks again for all the advice.

Roach

Good choice of muzzle loader you will love it. Midsouthshooters had really great prices and good deals. I bought some binos from them and i could not find them cheaper anywhere else. i would call around and see if anyone sells powder in your area. i might be worth a long drive to find some instead of ordering it.

Back