Where to get slick 50 one grease?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lechwe

Reaction score
I have read here that many folks are using slick 50 one grease for their breech plugs. I looked at every wal-mart in the area like said here but can't find it. Where else can I get this stuff and what kind of tube does it come in?

Thanks

D

try advan auto parts If you have one near you I used to work at one end they carried it.

I bought a tube at Wal Mart in the Automotive section with all the other lubes and greases...

You could also try some of the different auto part stores like Car Quest, NAPA, and others.

From their website:

Slick 50? One Grease?
A multi-purpose grease suitable for automotive, marine and industrial applications. Fortified with Slick 50? PTFE Chemistry, Slick 50? One Grease? provides friction and heat protection. It has excellent shear stability, load carrying ability and water, rust and oxidation resistance. Slick 50? One Grease? meets or exceeds all requirements for #2 NLGI Service Classification GC-LB (automotive wheel bearing and chassis lubricants). [The NLGI classification system is based on ASTM D 4950 performance requirements.]

Suitable for automotive, marine and industrial applications
Protects against friction and heat
Fortified with Slick 50? PTFE Chemistry
Excellent shear ability and load carrying capability
Water, rust and oxidation resistance

Available Size: 14.5 oz. net wt. cartridge Stock Number: 409CPDQ

jim

Does this mean ya can eat it,if ya get hungry while hunting? AMSOIL X-Treme Synthetic Food Grade Grease

I picked up a tube at walmart yesterday, when people say one tube will last you for the rest of your life they're not kidding. I was looking for a 5oz tube, not 15ozs :lol:

Marshall (over at DWB's) sent several of us samples of the Amsoil food-grade grease. Everyone that has used the stuff (I only just started using my sample) has pretty much switched to using it exclusively. The samples he sent us were big enough that nobody has ran out of it yet. :D

The one I linked is the "new and improved" variety and none of us have any of it yet - if it's at least as good as the prior formulation, you can't go wrong. I have no issues with Slick50 - works great for me and have yet to have a plug requiring a vice while using it, but a guy always has to find something better. I only fired two shots before cleaning after switching to the Amsoil so that wasn't any sort of real test. Plug came out with total ease though.

Back