which .357 sig would you buy

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
shoot them both and decide what feels better

the XD (IMHO) has a better trigger out of the box but a Glock is a great gun

both are going to have asnappy recoil due to the ght eilweight of the gun

dont rule out a sig itself i think is a better platfrom for the /357 sig which is basically a 9mm on steriods

IMHO its a caliber that is not needed too fast for practical purposes

in LE it was designed to pack the wallop of a .357 mag but have controllability of a .40 (which IMHO is a waste of a good 10mm bullet) and the capacity of a 9mm

can i ask why you like the .357 sig

remember its a bottleneck cartridge that can have feed issues

JD

It will be used for home protection and as a side arm while hunting/hiking. I have a couple of friends who have them and they really like the caliber. You dont sound too enthusiastic about it. Why? Do you have a better caliber in mind?

read this stuff http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.357_SIG

lots of good info

i am not a big fan of the round for 2 reasons
and it is my personal reasons

1 its a small bullet 9mm and its moving FAST
great danger of over penetration (IMHO) say you live in a normal house you shoot a guy coing in your bedroom the bullet goes thru him or misses (can happen) its going to keep going thru to other rooms like 1450 fps

2 its a bottle neck cartridge and many are not allowed for hunting applications

also not a lot of good bullet choices for loads

Because the .357 SIG fires at relatively high pressures, muzzle flash and noise are significant with standard loads

The recoil of the .357 SIG cartridge is strong, often noticeably more so than the .40 S&W

it is not an easy gun to shoot for a beginner (not saying you are a beginner) just point facts out

i personally like .45

i am forced to carry a .40 dept issue and i hate the round

for a good SD and hunting gun look at a .357 mag revolver and you can down load it with .38 for lots of cheap target practice

The ammo is expensive and harder to find than more common calibers like 9 mm, .40 S&W, .45 ACP.

If you reload, it won't matter much.

Latest posts

Back