Which powder for CVA Accura

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bearmtnguns

Reaction score
Hi All, I just got a used cva accura what powder should I shot in it. I have the 270 gr. powerbelt platinum bullets. Thanks Bill

Blackhorn209, cci 209m primers and about 90gr powder. Mine shot well with the 270 platinums and that set up.

Thanks for the help. I wanted to get your guy's input. I will look for some. If I had the opportunity to get pyrodex rs powder or white hot pellets which one do you guy's would work best til I find blkhorn 209? Thanks Bill

yep i second Pyrodex RS. A very good consistent powder.

80-100gr is where i'd be trying some loads out.

Bear, I'll list in order my choices. This is what works the best in my Knight Disc Extreme

1. 90 gr. BLACKHORN 209
2. 90 gr. Pyrodex RS
3. 100 -110 gr. Jim Schocky Gold 3F
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Thanks, Whats differnt is when I frist got from the guy he said he and cva shot white hots. I didn't have any at the time I had pyrodex rs powder. I ve heard how accurate tis thing was so I couldn't wait so I took it to the range with the pyrodex rs powder. shot it at 50 yards with a new bushnell 3x9x40 xlt doa trophy and was swabing after each shot and was shooting a raged one hole group. I got the the white hots in and took it back to the range and went to 100 yards and thought it would shot the same but I was not swabing between shots but swabing every 3 shots and it shot fair to good. I was hoping for more like the 50 yard target. Thats what started this question. I also like the idea of the pellets but it seems like the powder form shoot better. Thanks Bill

Loose powder seems to be more consistent. I get the feeling that pellets don't burn completely.

Latest posts

Back