Which Power Rod for a Disc Elite 50 Cal.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LFM

Reaction score
Looking to getting all the right stuff to shoot and maintain my New Disc Elite. I just got a MTM Dry Box to carry the stuff in with some Kight Cleaning Patches w/solvent and and just patches, two .50 cal barrel brushes now all I need is a power rod and cleaning rod w/10/32. How long does it actually need to be, what size will be the best for this Muzzleloader...

Thanks,
Mike / LFM

Knight Power Rod #900746 does it come with a 10/32 to attach a Jag & Cleaning Brush to it?

Or would it be better to get the;

Knight #900088 Standard Aluminum Ramrod

or the;

Knight #900079 Cleaning Rod???

Any recommendations on which one will do everything one needs...

And would it be worth it buying Knight Primer Loading Tool???

Thanks,
Mike/LFM

Thanks for the links to Midway USA but seem 80% of the time when I get on that website store with my dial up computer I get just so far and then my computer locks up and can't complete my order. Last night it happened twice just finding these items and then I could not complete my order...

Maybe tonite but that website looks to be more for those that have high speed connects not dial up like I have...

Also I have email them questions on what Butler Creek Flip open scope objective cover I would need for a Simmons 44 Mag and the last one I ordered did not fit... Seems they don't have much good inform on these. The one I got looks to be for a 40mm. Any idea which is the right I want to get one also with this order???

Thanks for the Links... Seems finding stuff with dial up takes quite some time on that website store...

Mike / LFM

LFM said:
Thanks for the links to Midway USA but seem 80% of the time when I get on that website store with my dial up computer I get just so far and then my computer locks up and can't complete my order. Last night it happened twice just finding these items and then I could not complete my order...

Maybe tonite but that website looks to be more for those that have high speed connects not dial up like I have...

Also I have email them questions on what Butler Creek Flip open scope objective cover I would need for a Simmons 44 Mag and the last one I ordered did not fit... Seems they don't have much good inform on these. The one I got looks to be for a 40mm. Any idea which is the right I want to get one also with this order???

Thanks for the Links... Seems finding stuff with dial up takes quite some time on that website store...

Mike / LFM

I get the same slow loading problems with my DSL connect sometimes. Some days its good and some days its not. Sounds like a Midway server problem.

I forgot about Midsouth as DW mentioned above and I never have any problems with their site being slow. Just account for the shipping cost from both. Sometimes that makes a difference.

As for the Bulter caps:

To assure proper scope fitting, measure the outside diameter of the eye & objective ends of the scope. Measure to .001" with a caliper. Fit range is .01 under to .025 over these measurements on the Butler Creek Cap charts.

Good point about the shipping cost. Midsouth Shooters Supply charges the REAL shipping cost, I'm not sure what Midway does.

dwhunter said:
Good point about the shipping cost. Midsouth Shooters Supply charges the REAL shipping cost, I'm not sure what Midway does.

Same thing. MidwayUSA and Midsouth are my two main sources for things. Midsouth is a little more hassle though.

" Midsouth is a little more hassle though"

What is meant by this... I ordered from both and did not see anything with either, did I miss something???

Does one take longer to process one's order or what are your suggesting about MidSouth???

Thanks guys for the Information I placed an order for a power rod but found somethings at both places so I ordered what I needed. Also got some T/C Shockwaves in 250 grain for a 50. cal... Already have some of the 200, just getting ready for some sighting in as soon as the weather changes and warms up instead of this snow and cold in March... Should change soon though or at least I am hoping so!!!

Thanks again for all the information sure appreciate all of it...

LFM

Sorry, it's an Illinois thing. Midsouth requires IL FOID card for ammo purchases (including ML components) and although they have my FOID on file they can never find it. It's just an extra hassle.

Good To hear, But must me a hassel to buy what you need ...

Thanks for your reply just wanted to be sure it was not something else... being this is my first order from them...

Thanks again for all the GREAT INFORMATION it was very helpful...

Mike / LFM

Back