which thor to use

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

keener2051

Reaction score
I'm new to the Muzzle loader guns. Fact this is my first my wife vought me a Bone Collector for christmas ladt year. I have no idea how to load it. I do know I want to shoot the thor bullets. Does any one know which size fits it. I think it the 500 buy I'd like to know that I'm wright. If any one is in and around east Tx I could use some help getting it sighted in. I can provide a possiblity at some pigs then we ger done.

Contact Thor by e mail or phone, and he'll send you a sample pack of the different sizes. Every gun is different. So, nobody can tell what size will fit. You need to try the bullets to see.

I certainly would email thor and request the free sizing sample Thor sends out. It will come in four sizes, start with the smallest until you find the one that loads just right.

Make sure you ask for the sizing sample for BOTH the 250 and 300gr Thors.

Hey Gander are the 250s different from the 300s I got the 300s but not the 250s and they are probably what I would shoot. (250)

the 300's will have more bearing surface, meaning they could load a little bit tighter than the 250's.

I prefer the 250's due to less recoil but those 300's shoot darn good in our rifles.

I recieved the sample the 500 fit the best the next size up had to be taped out. I was hoping someone had put these through the TC. To confirm my findings. thanks for the help im going to order the .500

Latest posts

Back