Whites for sale on other sites

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: RE: Re: Whites for sale on other sites

toytruck said:
Where can you send a barrel/action to nitride treated?
H&m in Ohio did mine great guys over there you can send all parts and even small screws !

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

They are worth as much as any damn fool is willing to pay for them. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

flounder said:
They are worth as much as any damn fool is willing to pay for them. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Come on now why you have to say that about someone what are you jealous? Not sure if your referring to the one I just sold but like I said it's worth every penny. Some people think all these things just get done for free or were supposed to lose money just to enrich others ? I say if someone doesn't know what their talking about they shouldn't say anything imo !

Sure, that's your opinion and I have mine. Wasn't saying anything about anyone, just saying that's how value is determined. In my opinion some of the White rifles that have been sold lately are crazy high, that's great for the seller, and I'm sure that's why you are selling them, but not so good for those who are looking to get one.
Most of us DWB's are known for being pretty frugal.

Hummmmm............

Sent from my ME301T using Tapatalk

That nitride looks impressive, almost wish I got that over black ice on my thunderbolt. In the end we all love our whites , some choose to sell others choose to keep. I said it before their value is only going up.

sbuff said:
That nitride looks impressive, almost wish I got that over black ice on my thunderbolt. In the end we all love our whites , some choose to sell others choose to keep. I said it before their value is only going up.
I love the nitride compared to the ice I sold both of my nitride safari's now my last one is iced it's not bad but I really like the matte finish of the nitride. Yes values are good but that wasn't a plain Jane safari it was dolled up big time. Have you seen the prices of the grrw rifles are doing talking about prices going upppp!

flounder said:

Doc will build ya a brand new one just like a M97 in a .504. Plain Jane black on black...….600.00+. People seem to forget that the Whites were not cheap from the dealers. My first S91 I bought was 549.00, I think it was 93/94.

A lot of the forum members have bought Whites over the years from the secondary market for much less. I have news, those rifles are drying up. Every year more Whites go to the scrap pile. The bottom line is there are just fewer rifles. This and auction sites like GunBroker drive the price up.

Idaholewis said:
The Quickest way to JUMP the Value of a particular rifle is to Cease production of it :D

I have 2 .36 Cal TC Senecas, Both of mine have the really hard to find Tang mounted Peep Sights (7197) I have seen the Peep sight alone sell for right at 300 bucks, I have only seen 2 of them For the Cherokee/Seneca and Both sold in the HIGH 200s, Do I think they are worth that kind of money? ABSOLUTELY NOT! But fact is they Get it. There are FAR superior after market Sights that could be Fitted for under Half the Price of an Actual TC Seneca Peep, But there is only 1 True TC Seneca Peep since their Production ceased years ago, And if you want one “Pay Up Sucka” [emoji38]
Bullseye Lewis!

Sent from my ME301T using Tapatalk

fishhawk2700 said:
flounder said:

Doc will build ya a brand new one just like a M97 in a .504. Plain Jane black on black...….600.00+.

I haven’t had as good a luck with the newer guns that Doc is building . Maybe it’s his age , maybe something else but my old Whites are more accurate, better fit to finish and my ESR he made has a horrible trigger. I know someone else who got one of them $600 white tails and 2 Moa is best he gets . So I prefer the old Whites but that’s just me. Someone else’s mileage may vary

1874sharpsshooter said:
fishhawk2700 said:
flounder said:

Doc will build ya a brand new one just like a M97 in a .504. Plain Jane black on black...….600.00+.

I haven’t had as good a luck with the newer guns that Doc is building . Maybe it’s his age , maybe something else but my old Whites are more accurate, better fit to finish and my ESR he made has a horrible trigger. I know someone else who got one of them $600 white tails and 2 Moa is best he gets . So I prefer the old Whites but that’s just me. Someone else’s mileage may vary

If anyone wants an original White or GRRW, ya better get it now before the next price jump.....Remember Doc"s no spring chicken.

You wonder if someone just didn't know how to take care of a rifle or if he just didn't give a darn.

Back