Whites for sale on other sites

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
fishhawk2700 said:
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/779813491

I bought clean ones for less just a few years back.
I'd have to see the hammer/bolt too. Makes one wonder how it looks, even with one corrosion spot.

toytruck said:
fishhawk2700 said:
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/779813491

I bought clean ones for less just a few years back.
I'd have to see the hammer/bolt too. Makes one wonder how it looks, even with one corrosion spot.
Especially if that one corrosion spot is 50% the size of the bolt
:) :)

Y'all keep bitchin about the cost of these guns nowadays but it's threads like this one that are driving them up. Every time you post up one for sale somewhere, people think they "just have to have one of those" because they're some kind of antique masterpiece and they drive up the price to "stupid" level. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Dave C said:
Y'all keep bitchin about the cost of these guns nowadays but it's threads like this one that are driving them up. Every time you post up one for sale somewhere, people think they "just have to have one of those" because they're some kind of antique masterpiece and they drive up the price to "stupid" level. :roll: :roll: :roll:

99.9 % of the muzzleloader world doesn't even know this forum is out there. Websites like GunBroker are the problem. The .01%, when they're looking for a White and can't find one locally, check GB and other sites like it. The prices on Whites were getting crazy before this thread was added to MM.
Bottom line is, Whites are worth what people are willing to pay for them.

Idaholewis said:
1874sharpsshooter said:
muzzlestuffer said:
Its supply and demand just like anything else imo
Wonder what the demand is for an Odyssey? :)

If you are Selling one, the Demand is Low, But if you are Looking to Buy one they should be in HIGH demand, and Bring Top Dollar :D Seems to be the way it works with me anyway :lol:
Exactly my experience also .

fishhawk2700 said:
Dave C said:

99.9 % of the muzzleloader world doesn't even know this forum is out there. Websites like GunBroker are the problem. The .01%, when they're looking for a White and can't find one locally, check GB and other sites like it. The prices on Whites were getting crazy before this thread was added to MM.
Don't kid yourself. I was new to the Muzzleloader world a few yrs back and found out about White's from this site. Guys come on here all the time seeking tips and information and start reading about Whites and decide they just have to see what all the ruckus is about. They're used to dropping coin on standard rifles and are led to believe that Whites are head-and-shoulders above all other Muzzleloaders(which they are not, in my experience. I've owned a Knight which shot just as well.) They see you guys ranting and raving about a gun listed on GB and decide they just have to have it. They drive up the price with the EBay (have to win at any cost) attitude. The next seller comes along and sees the stupid money people are paying and decides to unload a couple of his guns if guys are willing to pay that much, etc, etc, etc.

Dave C said:
fishhawk2700 said:
Dave C said:

Don't kid yourself. I was new to the Muzzleloader world a few yrs back and found out about White's from this site. Guys come on here all the time seeking tips and information and start reading about Whites and decide they just have to see what all the ruckus is about. They're used to dropping coin on standard rifles and are led to believe that Whites are head-and-shoulders above all other Muzzleloaders(which they are not, in my experience. I've owned a Knight which shot just as well.) They see you guys ranting and raving about a gun listed on GB and decide they just have to have it. They drive up the price with the EBay (have to win at any cost) attitude. The next seller comes along and sees the stupid money people are paying and decides to unload a couple of his guns if guys are willing to pay that much, etc, etc, etc.
Sounds a lot like capitalism or free trade enterprise:) :)

Kind of sounds like what happens with my favorite fishing spots. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Glad I stocked up on parts for my S91s..... :yeah: Those who have been in the White game for awhile, saw this coming.

Batchief909 said:
Glad I stocked up on parts for my S91s..... :yeah: Those who have been in the White game for awhile, saw this coming.
That's for sure!! So far I haven't needed one single extra part for any of my Whites, but I'm prepared! 8)

Latest posts

Back