Whites for sale on other sites

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not me, but you can buy it for what he would like?? :mad: Now if you could get it for the starting bidding price that would be fair. But whatever it’s worth to you and you have money burning a hole in your pocket, go for it.

I'm assuming you are responding to the ad for the .451 S91. I agree that the rifle is not worth the buy it now price. I will go a step further and say IMO it's not worth the starting bid. There is rust on the base screws and if they were not taken care of topside you know there is rust under them, also if you look closely at the breech area you can see some discoloring there and possible scoring/pitting on the hammer. It's missing the factory sling, and rear sight. I would like to see a lot more pics before I placed a bid on that rifle.
After all that being said, the reason I even posted that rifle is because it's about the third or fourth time it's been listed. Makes you wonder.

I didn’t zoom in on the pictures to take a close look at it. But with those issues that you pointed out I agree with you 100%. I would definitely pass on this one.

The whitetail has only one lug holding the entire barrel/breech assembly to the stock. I prefer two lugs like the model 97's have. You could have an additional lug attached.
They are still accurate gun's.
If your referring to the whitetail on gb that has two action screws if you look at the pic of the trigger guard the rear screw is a Allen action bolt not a Phillips screw not sure if anyone noticed ?

If your referring to the whitetail on gb that has two action screws if you look at the pic of the trigger guard the rear screw is a Allen action bolt not a Phillips screw not sure if anyone noticed ?
Just giving general info on the white whitetail rifle. If there is a action bolt in the rear trigger guard a additional lug was installed.
The M97 is a upgrade to the whitetail by the factory with two lugs.

I have owned and shot one Whitetail. I found it strong, reliable, and accurate. My Supers are nice, but the whitetail takes a back seat to no one.
In fact, I'm sitting here pissed off about a Whitetail I missed on Gunbroker today. In .410...😲😳😳
What in the Frosty the Snowman hell was I thinking to wait till this afternoon?
Please kick me...........

Bead blasting would be better. Who in their right mind would think that rifle hadn't been fired?

Latest posts

Back