Why is the dreaded 'crud ring'...

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I totally agree. I have shot the Holy black most of my life and pyrodex. I have never been sorry. Always had fun with family get togethers and turkey shoots. Always good fun. recently been reloading 12 ga shells for dove season and just fun shells with all the smoke. Thinking about all the years shooting BP and sitting drinking coffee with buddies talking about the new this or that. I all came back to the Holy black that got us all started. Good times for sure.
That whole “ holy “ BS I can’t keep from loling & SMH at the absolute ridiculousness of it every time I see or hear it. Powder, just like the water, regardless of what anybody says, or thinks, they never have been & never will be anything other than just plain ole gunpowder & water & that’s the real truth to all that.
I was raised dove & quail hunting too since I was 8yrs old. I’ve never seen anyone load shotgun shells with BP in 50yrs of shooting & hunting. But if it takes care of your BP fix & puts a smile on your face, then by all means do it & have fun. I got a Pedersoli BP 12ga now that I would love to get shooting acceptable patterns & use it to dove & quail hunt with now. I still don’t use Goex in it though, T7 is all I use. It still gives me all the smoke clouds my heart desires with a lil more punch.

With those powders, a lilttle APP, and PRBs we killed deer by the truckload. House would stink like rotten eggs at the end of the day. Loved every minute every second of it.
This inspires me to remind everyone here that Feb 14, a date long celebrated for sharing VD, is the perfect time to break out some of the old time-honored love potions.

Personally, I find drawing a hot bath for the warden is a great way to start the celebration. Mix in a few generous caps full of Butches Bore Shine to help soften the skin and promote deep warm feelings of wellness will get those romantic emotions flowing.
I like to scrub her back and shoulders with a fresh, unopened package of Frontier 45 ...
1675864336965.png
... just be extra tender around her earlobes. These are much more thorough than any Loofas sold at Victoria Secret and readily available.

I'm also a big fan of Sweets 7.62 Solvent generously applied to my neck and armpits (burned a little I might note).

For dinner, replace the usual candles with

1675865661184.png
These "candels", combined with the low and romantic analysis from Ron Spomer's podcast makes for a can't-miss evening of pure pampering for your loved one.

We usually finish the night by breaking out the Ballistol. Ballistol has many uses ....

We've been together since 1987 and the warden has never had a negative thing to say, .... in fact, I dare say one could say she has been speechless for a long time now.

Trust me, your 'wifer' (remember, they all love to be called 'wifer') will adore and somehow reward you for all the thoughtfulness

I wish it was not so pricey I would get some and try it for plinking I have about 8 oz after an old 10 oz can but I am saving that for my 50 cal for hunting and I have other powders stocked up. If I can get some reasonable again I would be set
I've got 2 of the 10oz jugs that are unopened and 1 10oz jug with about 15 shots out of it and another 10oz jug with around 8oz left in it! A fellow member on Modern Muzzleloader gave me a great deal on some of this! I can now go out and try some different loads in my Accura once it warms up a little!

That whole “ holy “ BS I can’t keep from loling & SMH at the absolute ridiculousness of it every time I see or hear it. Powder, just like the water, regardless of what anybody says, or thinks, they never have been & never will be anything other than just plain ole gunpowder & water & that’s the real truth to all that.
I was raised dove & quail hunting too since I was 8yrs old. I’ve never seen anyone load shotgun shells with BP in 50yrs of shooting & hunting. But if it takes care of your BP fix & puts a smile on your face, then by all means do it & have fun. I got a Pedersoli BP 12ga now that I would love to get shooting acceptable patterns & use it to dove & quail hunt with now. I still don’t use Goex in it though, T7 is all I use. It still gives me all the smoke clouds my heart desires with a lil more punch.
I have old Stevens Single shot and it is fun to shoot the black out of it. Love to camp and hand load shells and it is fun to smack a can or critter and watch all the other campers laugh at the smoke. Once in my old bib overalls and my hat and being a geezer anyway and step out of the camper with old Stevens single barrel. well it is just fun. Have shot allot of cans with this old cannon. Hahaha Have a good week

I have old Stevens Single shot and it is fun to shoot the black out of it. Love to camp and hand load shells and it is fun to smack a can or critter and watch all the other campers laugh at the smoke. Once in my old bib overalls and my hat and being a geezer anyway and step out of the camper with old Stevens single barrel. well it is just fun. Have shot allot of cans with this old cannon. Hahaha Have a good week
recipes?

I think you were asking for my shell recipe? I use Cheddite primed twelve gauge hauls. I drop in 85 grns of Pyrodex RS, Over powder nitro card. Then a Plastic shot cup, 1 1/8 oz of #10 shot, over shot card then I roll crimp it with old antique roll crimper I got at an estate sale 20+ years ago. Makes a nice load shell.jpg

Latest posts

Back