Will another major manufacturer ever join Savage??

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Who will be the next to MASS PRODUCE a smokeless mz?

• Thompson Center

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Knight

• Austin & Halleck

• Remington

• Ruger

• BPI - CVA, Winchester, Traditions, etc...

• Kahnke

• NEF/Marlin

• White Rifles

• No one- Any Manufacturer building a BP sub gun will not mix the 2 in their product lineups due to c

• Total voters

Doohan

Reaction score
What do you think? Will any of the major manufacturers join Savage in the smokeless arena?

Doohan, I think that someone will eventually. As soon as 10ML sales can no longer be ignored, and Savage does a better job of promoting the benefits and advantages of ownership. Outside of our little circle here on Modern Muzzleloader, people are very mis-informed on the Savage or they just look at you and say huh? What is it? It will happen, just a matter of when. Rick

GREAT poll JJ! I voted T/C. It would be VERY easy for them to do so. BUT..Knight has the most to loose by NOT offering one.

Tar-12 said:
Outside of our little circle here on Modern Muzzleloader, people are very mis-informed on the Savage or they just look at you and say huh? What is it? It will happen, just a matter of when. Rick
Be advised that the members of Doug's board are also somewhat familiar with the 10-ML2/smokeless MLing.

I think that Knight,and T/C have been on the band wagon,warning customers to Never shoot smokless powder. It woud be hard for them to turn around 180 degrees,and go for it. Ron :?

Sav. owners

SW said:
Tar-12 said:
Outside of our little circle here on Modern Muzzleloader, people are very mis-informed on the Savage or they just look at you and say huh? What is it? It will happen, just a matter of when. Rick
Be advised that the members of Doug's board are also somewhat familiar with the 10-ML2/smokeless MLing.
Oversight here. My point was, as a whole we are a minority in the Muzzleloading World. There are thousands of converts waiting out there though.

The next smokeless

Someone interviewed the owner of Knight muzzleloaders, and I remember his answer to "what's the future of muzzleloading?", he replied "smokeless!" Personally, I think they are already working on it.

Ron S said:
I think that Knight,and T/C have been on the band wagon,warning customers to Never shoot smokless powder. It woud be hard for them to turn around 180 degrees,and go for it. Ron :?

No it wouldn't, politicians do it every day. 8)

Yes they do,but I don't think they(T/C and Knight) would like to be associated with them! :D

Re: Sav. owners

My point was, as a whole we are a minority in the Muzzleloading World. There are thousands of converts waiting out there though.[/quote]
I think you are so correct. I'm amazed at how few people know about these. Likewise, I am even more amazed at the ignorance of so many at public ranges concerning firearms at large, especially MLers. Happily, I get very little negative comments concerning smokeless MLers; and people seem genuinely interested in learning about them and even getting one. :D

[quote
I think you are so correct. I'm amazed at how few people know about these. Likewise, I am even more amazed at the ignorance of so many at public ranges concerning firearms at large, especially MLers. :D[/quote]

I get the very same thing at the public range. Once people find out that I know a little bit about muzzleloaders they won't leave me alone asking questions and such. I really see some ignorance. It hard to imagine that these are the same guys that armed and running around in the woods. Then add some beer into the equation and "look out". :nono:

I get the very same thing at the public range. Once people find out that I know a little bit about muzzleloaders they won't leave me alone asking questions and such. I really see some ignorance. It hard to imagine that these are the same guys that armed and running around in the woods. Then add some beer into the equation and "look out". :nono:

Boy, I'm glad these guys aren't running around the woods of Arkansas.

Ron S said:

It wasn't all that long ago that Thompson warned never to shoot sabots out of muzzleloaders, and threatened to void warranties over it. Now, they sure sell a lot of sabots for a company that warned you not to use them. :?

Thompson call hardly say not to shoot smokeless powder "out of an Encore or Contender"-- that's all they were used with, for years.

RandyWakeman said:
Ron S said:

It wasn't all that long ago that Thompson warned never to shoot sabots out of muzzleloaders, and threatened to void warranties over it. Now, they sure sell a lot of sabots for a company that warned you not to use them. :?

Thompson call hardly say not to shoot smokeless powder "out of an Encore or Contender"-- that's all they were used with, for years.
Randy, You do not miss a thing :lol: As soon as T/C sales drop off their Muzzleloaders, you will see them jump right on the Smokeless Train,as will the rest of them.The mighty dollar speaks volumes!

It wasn't all that long ago that Thompson warned never to shoot sabots out of muzzleloaders

Okay...what's not that long ago to you and what rifles were they speaking about?

Same frame yes on their centrefires.....but never have they advocated smokeless from a muzzleloader barrel. They are two very different animals so to compare them is ludicrous! One is designed for a modern centrefire cartridge and the other a bp or bp substitute. Not saying it won't happen down the road but if it does, it will be a new barrel I'm sure.

sheephunterab said:
Same frame yes on their centrefires.....but never have they advocated smokeless from a muzzleloader barrel. They are two very different animals so to compare them is ludicrous!

Ludicrous as in absurd? :shock:

Pyrodex was sold as a "smokeless muzzleloading propellant" for many years; my Encore barrel says "Pyrodex" right on the barrel.

The blackpowder subsitute claim is specious and silly-- one does not have to look past the .30-30 Winchester or "drams equivalent" on shotshell boxes to show that smokeless powder has been a black powder substitute for over a century.

The blackpowder subsitute claim is specious and silly-- one does not have to look past the .30-30 Winchester or "drams equivalent" on shotshell boxes to show that smokeless powder has been a black powder substitute for over a century.

Wow...you going through a mid-life crisis Randy? All this talk of the past has me concerned. Sorry, I was talking about today and this thread and what smokeless means to the people on this forum. Sorry, I'll try to be clearer next time. I'm still interested in that sabot statement though!!!!

"Half-way to barn" happened a long time ago, I guess I missed it. :cry:

It takes very, very special pleading to think that Triple 7 is a black powder substitute, and Accurate Arms 5744 somehow is not. Words are supposed to mean things; "black powder substitute marketing" has become a lot like "non-dairy creamer." :huh?:

If Thompson truly is technically incompetent enough to claim inability to produce a smokeless muzzleloader, perhaps for a few million dollars Ron and Joe Name would be kind enough to tutor them? :shock:

It takes very, very special pleading to think that Triple 7 is a black powder substitute, and Accurate Arms 5744 somehow is not. Words are supposed to mean things; "black powder substitute marketing" has become a lot like "non-dairy creamer."

Again Randy....I was just operating under the definition on this forum and the context of the post. Your comments might well raise a discussion for another post but I was responding to this one.

I'm still interested in the sabot comment though!

Back