Will Knight Disc rifle stock fit a Knight

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Master Hunter, thinking about ordering a custom stock for the one I just got.. Sabotloader(Mike) Im pretty sure you know the answer to this one. are they basically the same stock/gun.?

I just recently purchased a new stock for my mountaineer and when I was looking I was told all bolt knights are interchangeable. A few have different recoil lugs that cause some issues but I can't remember which ones. One of the knight Gurus should have the answer. That's just my experiance.

I'm sure Mike knows.

I'm thinking the real difference is the recoil lug. I seem to remember that the Disc rifle has the square/rectangular Recoil lug and the Master Hunter had the forked recoil lug like the Elite and the newer Mountaineer and UL.

My Master Hunter has the square recoil lug and my 50cal Long Ranger Hunter,45 cal Elite both have the forked lug like the newer Knights

Pretty sure any of the new stocks will for all rifles. It was some of the older stocks that wouldn't work with the newer forked lugs, iirc.

All the current Knight stocks will fit a Master Hunter. I would call and ask if the composites fit the forked lug models. All wood models should fit without any work to the lug area but bedding is probably a good idea if using a forked lug stock on a regular lug barrel.

Mountaineer, LRH, Ulite and Elites all had forked lugs. Im not certain about new model Extremes but older ones did not have a forked lug.

dbowling said:
Master Hunter, thinking about ordering a custom stock for the one I just got.. Sabotloader(Mike) Im pretty sure you know the answer to this one. are they basically the same stock/gun.?

The Master Hunter should fit all knight DISC stocks. It does not have the forked recoil lug just the normal square lug. The Master Hunter proceeded the Elite and used Orange Plastic Jackets. What set the MH ahead of the regular DISC Extreme was the stock. It actually came with two stocks the fancy wood stock and a black composite

wm_1531824.jpg

Shortly after the Master Hunter came the MHC Master Hunter (Cryogenic) and it to was a square lug.

thanks guys mine has the Forest Green thumbhole stock like Mikes pic.. thinking about ordering a platinum model Walnut stock from Boyds with some Lazer engraving on it..

Back