Williams FP on Knight plunger type rifles.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimG

Reaction score
It's my understanding that the Williams FP peep sight when installed on Knight BOLT ACTION rifles requires some extra modifications to either the sight and/or bolt handle. What modifications are required for installation on Knight PLUNGER rifles? Namely a Wolverine. Thanks!

Not sure about the wolverine but I think there the same as my Bighorn and there was no modification needed.

Have installed an FP sight on two Knight bolt actions; disc extreme, and Ultra-Light. Both installations required modifying the sight, and the rifles. The amount of work is dependent on how high the sight is set. Wasn't difficult.

Not really wanting to inlet the left side of the stock for the elevation adjustment bar. Was hoping I could avoid that.

Grinding off the back side of the elevation clears the stock; no stock modification.

IMG_4315.JPG

Grinding off the edge of the horizontal clears the bolt.

IMG_4316.JPG

Thanks for the pics, don't need to grind for the bolt as the Wolverine is a plunger action but the first pic is very helpful for clearing the stock.

Goes right on - no mod needed

Wolverine-1-25-18.jpg

Wolverine-70.jpg

Installed on a DISC

Williams-FP-Peep.jpg

On a DISC it may require some modification to the sight, usually the bolt side corner of the elevation bar.

Composite-1.jpg

On a Mountianeer or ULite it does take some stock modification

Latest posts

Back