winchester apex .50 cal

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jlbenitez

Reaction score
hello folks
i just got back from the shooting range and got to shoot my new win apex .50cal,wow i can't believe the accuracy i got with this
ML im shooting BH-209 POWDER 120 grs measured and shooting hornady sst-ml 50cal 45-250 and win regular 209 and consistenly got 1.25 groups at 100yds and even one 3shot clover just under 1''.
i shot a 5 shot string without cleaning and actually was able to loaded it with out any trouble ,i did clean it after my 5 shots and then shot another 25 rounds with out any cleaning and actually continue to hit that bullseye at 100yds.
by the way in using a leupold 3x9 scope and weaver bases,quad rings.
can't wait till i go hunting this weekend in new enlgand for the muzzle loading season and try it on those 220-250lbs whitetails.
i will provide pics and more about my hunting .
thank you all for your info/knowledge that i was able to make wise choice and enjoyed this afternoon shooting
joe.benitez

Not surprised. The Winchester lineup has always been an accurate one. Shame they dont market the winchester muzzleloading line anymore.

win apex .50cal

i know i just got it saturday from sportamans warehouse on special for $185,plus tax and i was told it had been discontinued and was the last one they had on the store.
its funny that usually this great rifles are discontinued and are such excellent accurate and ease of operation,seems like the above brass/ceo figure it out as we need to gat this product of the market and then just flood the market with expensive lesser quality rifles and even maybe made in china.

Congratulations with your new rifle and it's great that it shoots so well. You picked a good load combination to start with. Hope you kill a big one!

Back