Winchester introduces new "Dual Bond" slug....

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcchartboy

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Here is some info on Winchester's new "Dual Bond" slug which was essentially introduced at last weeks "SHOT show".

JC

----------------------------

Dual Bond
One Bullet. Two Jackets. 12 Segments

No more tradeoffs between expansion diameter, penetration and retained weight! The new Supreme Elite? Dual Bond? optimizes all three for awesome knockdown and deep penetration to help ensure a clean, quick kill.

blowout_dualbond.jpg

1 - Bullet within a bullet
Revolutionary ?bullet within a bullet? delivers an unprecedented 12 segment design with two times the expansion for maximizing stopping power.

2 - Hollow Point
Massive hollow point cavity provides lethal stopping performance at a variety of ranges and impact velocities.

3 - Proprietary bonding process
welds lead and inner bullet jacket together?improving retained weight and penetration for quick kills.

4 - Heavy outer jacket
mechanically bonded to the inner bullet, protecting it during penetration through thick hide and heavy bone, and ensuring maximum retained weight and penetration.

5 - Revolutionary design
delivers unprecedented knockdown and penetration?retaining nearly 100% of the original weight.

6 - Patented sabot
with steel area multiplier provides consistent sabot separation for improved accuracy.

Designed for game from whitetail deer to large dangerous North American game such as brown bear.

http://www.winchester.com/products/newi ... dslug.aspx

looks like those would do some massive damage!!! i wonder what the price is going to be, 3-4 bucks a piece i bet.

03mossy said:
looks like those would do some massive damage!!! i wonder what the price is going to be, 3-4 bucks a piece i bet.

That would be about right. Quite frankly, I can't complain about that either. Given the ability of modern slugs to almost effectively double the range of slug guns over what was available only a few years ago it really is a small price to pay. This is especially true for those that are forced to use shotguns by local law and would otherwise be unable to harvest deer that passed by them outside of the old typical 75yd slug ranges.

JC

That new slug looks great, but I can complain about the price of premium slugs if you can't :shock:

Expensive slugs are why I started with inlines. I like to shoot and can afford to take my Omega with XTP's to the range three or four times a month. I can't afford that with slugs that are $3 or $4 each. It's ashame really--I like my 870 slug gun, but I only fire about 5 shells a year out of it.

I see Remington is making their latest premium slug in 3" 20 ga. now. Any other interesting things for shotguns or inlines at the SHOT show?

Thanks for the update.

paia said:
Any other interesting things for shotguns or inlines at the SHOT show?

Thanks for the update.

Not alot...Hasting's will be introducing a new projectile in their old loads. From the sounds of it, it will use the same designs just with a pointed copper bullet. Also they are working on a smoothbore, all copper, slug design.

One last thing on the dual bond....they are going to offer a loaded .460 S&W shell with a .260 gr slug....that could very well work in a muzlleloader as it it should be very similar to the highly popular barnes XPB .275 in terms of dimensional design.

JC

Latest posts

Back