Wish we had a late season.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We're pretty close to one another. I use to come to Jeff and shoot in a Tuesday night league put on by Jim (Bacon Rind) Keefe at the United Sportsman Club.
Fun summer it was!
I am a charter member of Owl Creek Gun Club (1968) up near the community of Millersburg. We have a Old Codger day each Tuesday at the club but no one is interested in Muzzleloading shooting anymore. They shoot their centerfires and I shoot the bull with them.
I did sponsor a table shoot for muzzleloaders a couple of times but my health got the better of me and I didn't do it this year. Maybe we need to meet up and just hash over things!

Big John
I belonged to Owl Creek for a couple of years in the early '80's as I lived near Carrington at the time and it was a place to run over to shoot at. We might have crossed paths.

I belonged to Owl Creek for a couple of years in the early '80's as I lived near Carrington at the time and it was a place to run over to shoot at. We might have crossed paths.
If you belonged to the club during that time period I know we crossed paths. I was the President of the club at that time. I finally refused to take the position and things have changed. We had to buy the property 3 years ago and now the membership owns the 80 acres.
There are now targets to 300 yards. We pushed a notch through the old coal spoils and extended the range. No muzzleloading shooters now but me!

Back