with all bullets

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ceader savage

Reaction score
i've had pretty much luck with all i shot the power belts load easy and good groups also maxi not bad but not the best the round ball great but nock down power i don't think is the best sabots were great shot deer never went far like the black plugs with hordany 250 45 long colts for me there great in pretty much all my guns with 80gr no more then 100- gr of 3ffg black powder or american poinner 3-7en not the best keep your powder dry guys and gals :rendeer:

Power Belt is a good bullet, it is easy to load, that's why they sell. The Thor bullet was designed for superior performance and to be a true full bore all copper bullet. It has preformed well for me on 9 big game animals, with superior performance to many other bullets I've used and tested. I shot a Bison at 68 yards and the bullet passed all they way thru the1900 pound bull, not many muzzle loader bullets can do that and have extreme terminal damage inside the animal. I'm glad to see the 247 grain bullet is working in a 1-48" twist - see Thor bullet test, plus it looks accurate. :D

Thor

I wanted to try the Thor bullets but can't. I received the sample and here is what happened. The .500 slid down my Omega barrel and fell out the breech. The .501 bullet I can't even get started in my barrel. Just too tight. My Omega must have a really tight bore. Guess I will just have to give up on the Thors.

You can try wrapping a piece of teflon tape around the .500 or maybe knurl the skirt a little.

TC is famous for having tight bores :(

Thor

Thanks FG, I will try the teflon tape. Just happen to have some.

I also heard the TC's have a tight bore. Maybe that's why they seem to shoot the sabots so well.

I'm anxious to try the Thor .45's when they come out. However, if they don't fit well in my CVA ML's I'm not likely to mess with teflon just to get then to shoot. I'm happy now with the Powerbelts.

Thanks for the heads-up rogo. :)

Bullets

FG

I stumbled across the post in the other forum and watched the video. It works. I did the Thor bullet and it loads real good. Now I have to go to the range and shoot it.

Thanks for your help.

Thor's

FG here is update on my test Thor bullet.

Went to the range for some shooting this AM

Fired 4 rounds of my regular load and then loaded the self knurled .500 Thor bullet. Aimed at fresh target at 100 yards and hit 1/2" from dead center. This was with 110gr BH209 with CCI 209M primer.

Needless to say I will be placing an order tomorrow for a supply of Thor's!

Thanks for all your info from this forum. Love it!

excellent! Be sure you let him know where you learned about the bullet from. You'll get 10% off that way.

Latest posts

Back